cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a forum member be banned permanently? And if that..

And if that happens, will it in any way affect that persons Ebay Seller account? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @oceans2323, please see the Community Guidelines (http://community.ebay.com/t5/About-the-Community/Rules-of-Engagement/m-p/26164....

A community ban does not affect your eBay seller ID.

Regarding bans: Behavior that is contrary to these guidelines may result in temporary or permanent suspension of activity on the eBay Community platform. eBay reserves the right for itself and its moderators to edit or remove any thread, post, signature, image or video that we consider inappropriate or offensive to the Community.  Breaches of the eBay User Agreement or the Community guidelines may result in warnings, board sanctions and/or suspensions from the site.  eBay reserves the right to remove any post without warning or further notice.   

@ezrlevan0 wrote:

And if that happens, will it in any way affect that persons Ebay Seller account? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Just out of curiosity, if a member is permanently banned on the forums, will that delete his/her forum posts and threads?
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

boy, i hope not...but i better really read this post...ummmmm

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@ezrlevan0 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, if a member is permanently banned on the forums, will that delete his/her forum posts and threads?

i know if you get banned for a few days..the posts that were the reason are gone...so i would think whatever did you in...would be the things deleted....and i don't think seller account gets hit..unless there is an issue there too... or some really big violation covering a broad thing...

and I am guessing a bit, and may not be exactly correct ....and have no expert opinion on this topic...and I love ebay!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

If a member is permanently banned, his/her forums posts and threads are not deleted.

@ezrlevan0 wrote:

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Okay, one last question though... would a permanent ban sever the connection between that individuals Seller ID and his/her forum Profile?

Thanks for your help.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If you're permanently banned, you can't access the community, but your profile and posts will remain. Your seller ID name and community account name would still match.

@ezrlevan0 wrote:
Okay, one last question though... would a permanent ban sever the connection between that individuals Seller ID and his/her forum Profile?

Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you, Doug!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@oceans2323wrote:

What did you do?  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
latest reply