cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to filter out the crazies?

Is there any way to filter out who is able to send me private messages here, or do I have to "ignore" each crazy seperately?

Not sure why people feel the need to message me and tell me strange things when I didn't request such a thing, and then to be repeatedly insistent about it to the point where just ignoring their messages isn't enough and I have to go in and block them from messaging me further.

I said "Please stop messaging me" (after the 3rd unwanted message) and then I got called a liar basically for a thread I made here. The nerve of some people! Are people really delusional enough to think "well if this person doesn't want or need my assistance then they are obviously a liar and something is wrong with them"? I know the internet is full of crazies, but on a forum such as this I find this kind of behavior to be very disturbing.

I understand someone wanting to help, but when that person stops replying to you I think you should obviously take a hint and stop messaging them over and over again with the same info, each time seeming more desperate to get the information. This all seems very awkward and bizarre...

Has anyone else had problems receiving very insistent unwanted advice via private message here? Is that something common?

It takes all kinds I guess. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Nope..no such messages here ...BUT, on my Twitter account, I got a former NFL player DM'ed me a pic of him with not much on except a light..lol...

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

@emerald1830 wrote:

Nope..no such messages here ...BUT, on my Twitter account, I got a former NFL player DM'ed me a pic of him with not much on except a light..lol...

Oh you're the one Brett Favre was harassing?! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I looked at a PM and it has a Report link at the bottom. If someone is really harassing you then use that link and also use the Ignore button. The person can keep sending messages but you won't receive them.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

@emerald1830 wrote:

I'll bet money I know that guy. LOL!

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

I got over 2700 followers on my Twitter account and many are NFL players (current) or retired..My neighbour is a current Buccaneer..so maybe that's why I got the followers, I get PM's all the time from fellow fans, we just talk football..my co-workers and I also chat and then one Saturday night out of the blue, I get a message from this player..I was shocked and I was polite and told him, I was married..I like him but I'm now 50..he just turned 29..lol..

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

laughing

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

One time a person sent me a PM about lingerie. He wanted to know if the package would reveal what was inside. I told him he needed to ask the seller about that. He Thanked me and never heard from him again.

I don't mind people sending me PM's, so long as they have a legitimate question to ask.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@emerald1830

What NFL team was you on ?

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

@lex-talon wrote:

One time a person sent me a PM about lingerie. He wanted to know if the package would reveal what was inside. I told him he needed to ask the seller about that. He Thanked me and never heard from him again.

I don't mind people sending me PM's, so long as they have a legitimate question to ask.Smiley Happy

Well I meant more PMs on the forums rather than through the selling part of the site. Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Hahaha!!!!

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

You mean him? 

He was previously a Buccaneer...but he's been on a total of 4 teams...I just think he wanted to hear my South African accent over the phone...

I did invite him to play Bingo since he still lives in Tampa Bay and he declined by saying "he!!, my grandma plays bingo"..

Yep, that was it..lol...

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

There's an ignore link that you can use.  You have to do each one separately, or you can opt to disable the PM link and you won't receive any.  Your choice.

You do have the ability to turn PMs off through your 'My Settings' page, that way if users attempt to message you, they'll see a note that says you're not accepting PMs.     (Quote from Alan, Community Head)

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

No thankfully at least for me I haven't been harassed within the boards PMs. It's not uncommon that a members comments on a post can upset or offend someone else. Debates and arguments are fine as long as they are in the confines of the thread itself or in the PM as long as both parties welcome it.

I've been part of some of these myself, but the members are respectful enough to not harass in PMs. That's how it should be.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply