cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any update on nesting?

This is what I see. Yes a mobile user, sue me.D7A8FF4C-9B7C-4B08-824B-31BACEC3F1FA.png

82A5E3C4-E469-4987-927E-5898BD76BD4A.png

😩 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Any update on nesting?

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Ewh! That does not look good. We're looking into potential options for this, it's on our list of enhancements. We haven't landed on a solution that does exactly what we're looking for yet. We're going to keep working on it!

When we have updates on this topic we'll let you know.

Thanks!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Any update on nesting?

This has been mentioned by a few before too, but I didn’t look for the thread. It has been going on for a long time. Hopefully a solution can be found.
Thanks, appreciate your time.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Any update on nesting?

Oh thanks for bringing this up again love
I had a screen shot like this on post #40 on below link & have about given up even trying to post alot anymore
I just can't read 1 letter at a time.
When it got to last weeks weekly chat with all the quoting I wanted to scream scream

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/Post-quoting-and-quoting-and-quoting-and/t...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Any update on nesting?

It’s a test of your reading skills...reading one letter at a time. Smiley Very Happy

just kidding.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Any update on nesting?

It's definitely something we want to address ASAP - especially these days with more and more users working only on mobile devices.

It's proving tricky; we don't want to cut out quotes and have members unhappy that they're being misquoted or the context of what went before has been lost.

What I think could work would be for the last quote only to appear, and then a link that says 'click to see full quote history' something like that, and when you click the link the full quote history drops-down.

What do you think @labs118@loveyourimagination49? Does that sound like it would help? 

Thanks.

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Any update on nesting?

alan@ebay

That might work. 
I understand not wanting to lose information with the quotes but also agree that many are using mobile more & more.
You will have the diehards saying they wouldn't use mobile for anything but there are also some of us like love & myself who do use it & it is killing me on posting when I am not sitting at home on my laptop.

It sure is worth a shot, anything has to be better then 1 letter at a time.

Thanks Alan

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Any update on nesting?

Agreed! Thanks so much for your feedback & insights @labs118! I appreciate it.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Any update on nesting?

alan@ebay
I second what labs said.
I personally don’t read the quotes, as I scroll pass them anyway. I start at the beginning of a thread and can tell who is responding to who most the time. Sometimes just hit there name, between reply to and the date and it shows who they are replying to. So for me you would be killing two birds with one stone for me with that fix. 😀

Message 9 of 9
latest reply