cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARE THE OLD EBAY IDS FROM ABOUT 5 OR 6 YEARS AGO STILL VALID? I.MEAN AS A BUYER ID??

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

ARE THE OLD EBAY IDS FROM ABOUT 5 OR 6 YEARS AGO STILL VALID? I.MEAN AS A BUYER ID??

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Is it your ID? If you know the password, you should log in to see if it works. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I established my id in 1999. Even with long periods of time away from eBay, the same id and password still work.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I think some ID's that seemed abandoned may have been removed after the data breach 4 years ago if the users didn't come back and change the passwords after being prompted to via email. Could be remembering incorrectly though.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:
I think some ID's that seemed abandoned may have been removed after the data breach 4 years ago if the users didn't come back and change the passwords after being prompted to via email. Could be remembering incorrectly though.

You are remembering correctly. My dog's ID is now gone because I didn't change the password. Not sure if it would now be a valid ID for someone else to choose or not.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

@berserkerplanet wrote:

You are remembering correctly. My dog's ID is now gone because I didn't change the password. Not sure if it would now be a valid ID for someone else to choose or not.

Your dog had an eBay account?

https://bio.link/langs
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

My cat is gone, but his ID is still in usestuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

By the dog?
Message 8 of 8
latest reply