cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about Lithium mods

Just curious. Are there no Lithium Mods on the boards early in the morning? Do they not have 24/7 support for their boards?

I'm asking because it seems like almost every morning all these threads show up with newly created IDs posting fake Ebay support phone numbers or posting links to buy some (probably dangerous) supplements. The IDs always say they are in the US but I do question that as well. I know it is too easy to create a new ID to be used on the boards because I did it ... it took just a few minutes, no questions asked, and I had an ID I could use to post with no restrictions.

These scammers are giving themselves Helpfuls and Solutions to make their thread look credible.

Yes, I know we can mark them to report to the Moderators but it seems like no one is around until around noon eastern time and then they all get dealt with, only to appear again the next day with newly created IDs and the same old stories.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

One of the ebay Community staff has said that Lithium does not have moderators available 24/7.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

That explains why those particular users always show up early in the morning ... they are trying to get in all the exposure they can get before they get taken down. They know the Lithium schedule.

Reminds me of those past times when every morning when we came to the boards we were greeted with pages and pages of ladies of the night posts.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@readabouthorses wrote:

Just curious. Are there no Lithium Mods on the boards early in the morning? Do they not have 24/7 support for their boards?

I'm asking because it seems like almost every morning all these threads show up with newly created IDs posting fake Ebay support phone numbers or posting links to buy some (probably dangerous) supplements. The IDs always say they are in the US but I do question that as well. I know it is too easy to create a new ID to be used on the boards because I did it ... it took just a few minutes, no questions asked, and I had an ID I could use to post with no restrictions.

These scammers are giving themselves Helpfuls and Solutions to make their thread look credible.

Yes, I know we can mark them to report to the Moderators but it seems like no one is around until around noon eastern time and then they all get dealt with, only to appear again the next day with newly created IDs and the same old stories.

Hi @readabouthorses

Good questions. We do not have 24-hour moderator coverage. We do have tools in place to capture most spam before it ever hits the Community. I will chat with the moderation team re this and see if we can improve the tools we have in place to better capture what you're seeing. 

Thanks for calling this out.  

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@readabouthorseswrote:

Reminds me of those past times when every morning when we came to the boards we were greeted with pages and pages of ladies of the night posts.

Ah, those were the days, weren't they? unamused I wonder if they're haunting eBay.in now? I can't imagine what kind of business they thought they'd drum up bothering us on .com.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply