Comic Book Discussion group
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Super slow comic sales, 2 wks before christmas. Just me??? (I have a theory)

so, my theory is: people are tapped out pre-xmas, and don't have money to spend on THEMSELVES, at this time. $$ are needed for presents for others, and comic purchases (i sell mostly older, more expensive, comics) are almost always for themselves. an...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

The Golden Age of Comics

The Golden Age of Comics lasted from 1938-1951 1938 saw the debut of Superman in Action Comics #1 and I believe ending in 1951 with All-Star comics changing to All-Star Western and Timely ending Captain America, Human Torch and Sub-Mariner then chang...

The Silver Age of Comics

The Silver Age of Comics lasted from 1956-1970 The Silver Age was started when The Flash debuted in Showcase #4 1956 a reimagining of The Golden Age character of the same name. A number of important comics writers and artists contributed to the early...

CHRISTMAS COVERS ALL AGES

Christmas is a Magical time of the year. You can't wait for Christmas to get here and then you mourn it passing all to quick. So please post any Christmas covers here so we can keep its spirit alive all year long. I will start it off with WOOLWORTH'S...

Comic grading companies

Been noticing at some of the shows that alot of books are being graded by CBCS. Of course they have a very way to catch CGC in number of books graded, they are making a dent in the numbers. I actually see more CBCS books than CGC at the shows. I have...

The "New" "Now" Modern Age

The New Modern Age lasted from 2011-Current The New Modern Age has started with DC rebooting their Universe with the "New 52", Marvel Rebooting with "Marvel Now", The restart and reboot of the Valiant Universe, Dark Horse reintroducing characters the...

Ebay hit me with "feedback extortion" violation because seller doesn't know how to pack a comic book

I ordered a copy of AMS #797 Ed Mcguinness variant early last week. At the time, $20.99 with free shipping was an above average price. I chose a seller who had 100% selling feedback and all good feedback. I received the item yesterday damaged because...

Look At the Photo

I am sure this has probably been discussed but why are a lot of sellers no longer describing their books? You will see lines like "check the photo for condition" How do you know if it is complete, if anything has been cut-out, do all of the women hav...

Where do I find Comic Values?

Hey Everyone ! I am looking to get values on a stack of Comics that I have from the 70's and 80's. They are all X-men in one way or another...example: The Uncanny X-men, Wolverine, Deathmate, and Generation X. All mint and in Plastic sleeves. I'd lov...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.