cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find Comic Values?

Hey Everyone !   I am looking to get values on a stack of Comics that I have from the 70's and 80's.  They are all X-men in one way or another...example: The Uncanny X-men, Wolverine, Deathmate, and Generation X.  All mint and in Plastic sleeves.   I'd love any direction.. as I am looking to sell- Yep, its time to clean out the storage stuff  Smiley LOL  

Thank You!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Where do I find Comic Values?

Find a copy of the 2016-2017 Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide.  It is the Bible for the Hobby. Educate yourself on Grading Standards.  Then objectively Grade your books and view the Prices by Grade.  Remember, this is a Guide.  Collectors may Buy Above, Below or At Guide Prices.  Dealers will likely Buy at 5%-50% of Guide.  Also, check eBay Buy It Now Asking Prices for your Grade as well as eBay Sold Prices for your Grade.  That will give you a Handle on Real Time Current Pricing and Market Demand.  I would not give too much heed to eBay Auctions for your Grade as it is my experience that most books, but not all books, sell at Auction for a fraction of their True Value.  I'm sure I'll get slammed by the eBay Community for this last statement but as a Buyer I've found and seen tremendous Bargains Galore in the Auctions Section.  Not so much in Buy It Now.  The above advise is for Unslabbed Books, i.e., books not Graded and Slabbed by one of the three Grading Companies.  Beware, that if you pay to have a book Graded and Slabbed it is NOT a Guarantee of Grade by that Grading Company.  This non-Guarantee of Grade is listed on each individual company's website and on the Label of each Slabbed Book by each individual company.  I'm sure I'll get slammed for this statement of fact by the eBay Community, too.  But the facts and truth are what they are regarding the non-Guarantee of Grade for Slabbed Books.

Good Luck and Good Selling!

Message 2 of 2
latest reply