cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Peterson Prints for Upland Steel Company, update

For those of you who were interested in this previous post, I contacted W. Petersen's wife and asked her about the prints. She was very helpful.  Below I have paraphrased her resonse :

The prints were commissioned by Inland Steel Company to be given to their clients as presents.  There was a group of 6 different images called the "Explorer Series" and an exhibit and event was held at the company.  Will worked with an intaglio printer, Johnathan ?, who lived in MI and was a past printer at Lakeside Studios.

She said it was up to me to reframe them, depending on where I want to hang them.

This cleared up some questions for me and I was grateful for her taking the time to respond.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

That's great news!

Although, regarding the original frames, sometimes family members are unaware of the added value that an original presentation (orig frame, backing, etc that we went through in your first thread) as they are not in the arts trade. There is nothing wrong with simple, black frames, esp if they are the original presentation. Isn't there something else that you could reframe? Leave these alone just in case you (and his wife) are wrong. If you read thru a few hundred catalog auction listings you would see what we are going on about. You have been given some excellent advice on why you should leave those frames/backing intact. Maybe the next owner would be thankful. Up to you, they're yours. For now...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@terpntiquewrote:

She said it was up to me to reframe them, depending on where I want to hang them.

She is right about that!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Will Petersen's wife is an artist.  My intention was not to re- hash the discussion of changing the frames or leaving them as they are. I just wanted to share what she told me.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the update and I wish you well with them. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thats great info to have. Thanks for the update!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@terpntiquewrote:

For those of you who were interested in this previous post, I contacted W. Petersen's wife and asked her about the prints. She was very helpful.  Below I have paraphrased her resonse :

The prints were commissioned by Inland Steel Company to be given to their clients as presents.  There was a group of 6 different images called the "Explorer Series" and an exhibit and event was held at the company.  Will worked with an intaglio printer, Johnathan ?, who lived in MI and was a past printer at Lakeside Studios.

This cleared up some questions for me and I was grateful for her taking the time to respond.

Thanks for the update. I had read your previous thread and was starting to do some research, but never got back to that. I'm glad that you were able to get some good information!

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Message 8 of 8
latest reply