cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find out value of carved lions head Savonarola chess set with table and chairs

20th Century Florentine Renaissance carved wood savonarola chairs and table with chess set.  Any idea on what it's worth or how I could find out?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Trying to find out value of carved lions head Savonarola chess set with table and chairs

I would start with an internet image search to see if you could come up with something similiar.   Looks to be an Asian import and very recent.  Chess pieces appear to be resin, not wood.  If case, key word that will help in your search.  And keep in mind, if you're interested in selling, that shipping cost would be significant which may restrict you to a local (chess playing) buyer.

Debora

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

A recent version of an Italian renaissance table and chair, and a molded resin Napoleonic Wars chess set.  Here's something about like yours that sold recently for $500 for all (table, chairs, chess board on stand, chess pieces) and I hope the mods will leave the lnik,  since it's for information only: 
https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/9034052_italian-games-table-and-savonarola-chairs-2

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

"Italian-style" is probably more accurate since unlikely of Italian manufacture.

Debora

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@debora_34_ wrote:

"Italian-style" is probably more accurate since unlikely of Italian manufacture.

Debora

Agreed.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I have the same set that I purchased in Italy, so yes.....it was probably made in Italy.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

prise.on.chess.set
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply