cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Info Re: Vintage '70s Cels of The Beach Boys as Cartoon Characters & as Animals

A family member found these animation cels at a Flea Market in upstate New York. He recognized that they represent The Beach Boys; the seller did not and had no info about their origin. The family member sent them to me because he knows I'm a lifelong Beach Boys fan. I found some info about Hanna-Barbera expressing interest in making a Saturday morning cartoon featuring the BBs and I found an article in Billboard Magazine (Dec. 25, 1976, Vol. 8, No. 52) that states that the BBs had signed with Hanna- Barbera.  As you can see, Al Jardine, Carl Wilson, Brian Wilson, Mike Love and Dennis Wilson are hand painted on these two cels (onto vintage Pantone photograph paper).  Painted in one as themselves circa 1973 and then as animals. There is a 3rd cel that was not given to me which depicts Brian as a bear and Mike as a fox, walking around a spooky Old West town at night. Each cel measures 17-1/2 in x 9. Does anyone know anything about these cels?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0