cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Antique Gualdo Tadino glazed vase

I found this large Gualdo Tadino Glazed Vase, but have no clue about its value.  I have not seen a replica of it any where on the internet.  If anyone would be able to provide me with some insight about the item itself and/or the value it would be greatly appreciated.  Please take a look at the picures provided.

20180413_065911.jpg20180413_065923.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I imagine people will want to see a photo of the base.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Googling " Gualdo Tadino vase" brings up hundreds upon hundres of examples and sales - quite a few on European eBay. There's enough information that you should be able to determine an average price. You may not find this exact vase, but I don't think that matters much - all the examples I saw were as ornate as this one, if not more.

And as Argon suggested, we want to see the bottom.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

OK, that works for me.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

When I did a Google image search including the phrase "figural handles" I got a few hits on vases similar in size and design to yours, like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-19thc-Italian-Majolica-Mastro-Giorgio-Luster-Vase-Gualdo-Tadino-HUG...

You may never find an exact match to yours, but there seem to be comparables out there. 

In the end, all you can do is decide what is the least you'd take for it and go from there in pricing it.  It's going to be difficult and expensive to pack and ship it, so take that into account.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Did you post this to the Pottery Glass and Porcelain board? There is someone there that could very likely help you with all the details. A link to the PG&P board is below. I am suggesting that all you would have to say in the title is 19th Century Italian ceramic vase and below the title just say I have this 19th Century Italian ceramic vase and am interested in learning more and post your photo. He will likely respond within a day or two.

This other board is also an ebay board, but it can it hard to find if you have never visited it before (thus the link provided below). Be sure to bookmark the page so you can go back to your thread. You can even have ebay send you an email with every reply you get to your question, and in this case I would do so.  I suspect only one person will answer. If you want to know anything about Italian ceramics he is the go-to guy. You will understand why I say that if he answers.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Pottery-Glass-Porcelain/bd-p/275?nobounce

Message 6 of 6
latest reply