cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying mini Gits WARE 2oz melamine cups

Picked these up at a thrift store and liked them because the size seemed unusual.  Haven't been able to find a single listing - either sold or current - for them to know what they are called.  They hold 2 ounces of liquid and are stamped Gitsware Made in USA 1166 on the bottom.   Does anyone know what they are called or what they were sold as?  They appear to be the same size as Tupperware midgets.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

All I can say is that in the food trade something that holds two ounces is usually called a portion cup (for one portion of a condiment or side) or a sample cup (for a couple of sips of liquid).  

They might be for the bathroom, for taking one dose of a liquid medicine or for taking a sip of water to wash down a pill.

As for GITS ware itself, Google searches (web and images) brought up tons of hits, so a cruise through them might yield others like yours.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

All I can say is that in the food trade something that holds two ounces is usually called a portion cup (for one portion of a condiment or side) or a sample cup (for a couple of sips of liquid).  

They might be for the bathroom, for taking one dose of a liquid medicine or for taking a sip of water to wash down a pill.

As for GITS ware itself, Google searches (web and images) brought up tons of hits, so a cruise through them might yield others like yours.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I found some listed as shot glasses!
Janet
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Well, a  jigger is 1.5 oz, so these could be large jiggers, I guess.  (I'd be surprised if they were sold for that originally, but, they'd work for that.)   

Message 4 of 4
latest reply