cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Identify Antique FARM Tool Implement Cast Iron with Wood Handle PRIMITIVE CEJ and CO

Does anyone have ANY idea what this might be?? It is embossed with the initials CEJ & Co along the cast iron on the handle and it measures 11  1/2" approximately. The pointed tip is threaded. Is there a back plate missing? Thanks everyone for taking a look

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Help Identify Antique FARM Tool Implement Cast Iron with Wood Handle PRIMITIVE CEJ and CO

Without knowing the size, it's hard to say but it's possibly a wheelwright's reamer.  Worth a search along those lines, anyhow.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Spoon and reamer augers?

The picture at the link looks like a version of yours-

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/282482

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you both for taking the time to post these answers. I believe you've given me the answer I need to further research this piece. You people never let me down....Colleen

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sorry, I see you did give the size.  My apologies.  TProbably too small for a wheelwright's use, then. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ooops!  Cross-post with OP. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You will find them for sale as reamers or augers.  That one could be a barrell reamer/auger

Message 7 of 7
latest reply