cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frederick Cooper lamp?

I bought this lamp today after quickly searching Frederick Cooper, and it looked like some of his items sold for decent prices. I cannot seem to locate this one, or one that looks similar enough, to guage a price range. One thing that frequently comes up when searching Frederick Cooper is James Mont. I am not that big into furniture, but I have to admit, I had never heard of James Mont before. I have been very entertained by reading about his life and designs for the last hour or so. 

My question is why does James Mont, or James Mont style, come up so frequently attached to Frederick Cooper. Is it because Frederick Cooper had similar (oriental) designs? Or did Frederick Cooper commissioner Mont to do some pieces for him. I have tried finding the answers myself, but I came up short on information. If you had a James Mont design, or piece of furniture, how would you know? Are there markings of any kind? I think this lamp is unique enough that I can't find another like it, but maybe I'm just not searching hard enough. 

As always, thanks for all the help. 

20170819_210251.jpg20170819_210304.jpg20170819_210325.jpg20170819_210335.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Frederick Cooper lamp?

Of course the pictures would come out sideways. Anyone know how to fix that? 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Frederick Cooper lamp?

Think I fixed it by reshootingfixed1.jpgfixed2.jpgfixed3.jpg20170819_220925.jpg

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Frederick Cooper lamp?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Frederick Cooper lamp?

Oh, and based on this, it would appear that Cooper did Mont designs:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/43022257_pair-james-mont-helix-lamps-for-frederick-cooper

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Frederick Cooper lamp?

Yep, that's it, thanks. I found another example by searching the number 5190. I didn't even see this number until I saw it referenced in that listing. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply