cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expert help needed in Identifying mark on antique gold ring

Can anyone tell me more about this ring? It belonged to my grandmother so I am guessing the age ~1900-1925. Are the two green stones emeralds? I think the tiny chips are old mine cut diamonds. I don't know what the center stone is.

The inside of the band is marked with an X inside a square box. The ring looks and feels like 14k or 18k rose rold. What does the mark signify?P1000913.JPGP1000916.JPGP1000918.JPGP1000920.JPGP1000923.JPGP1000920.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It looks like a little pair of scissors.  Does that make sense?  (I know nothing about jewelry, alas.)

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You're right. It does look like scissors. Still no clue what that means!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

This looks like a ring I should think you'd want to have an appraiser look at. There's no way anyone will be able to tell you for sure what the green stones are. It's very pretty.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I wonder if that mark is supposed to be crossed swords ? It looks victorian to me,1870s or so.  If its anything like MY grandmas rings,its TINY ! Nobody can wear them.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

May be a Masonic ring and mark...

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks all for your suggestions. It could be from ~1870's-1880's. A lot of antique items have been passed down over the generations. I checked and the size is 6.5. Also when I looked at the ring under a magnifying glass, one of the green stones has a tiny chip. Still it's a unique ring.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hope someone in your family intends to wear and enjoy it, even on a pinkie.

Debora

Message 8 of 8
latest reply