cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circa 1930/40 Japanese art book. Should I sell the 5 prints individually or include w/ book?

Should I sell this book complete or individually list the 5 prints?

If you suggest selling complete, what is the name and publication year of the book?

The book has some pages with slight water damage, however, the 5 prints look lovely and undamaged.

What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Circa 1930/40 Japanese art book. Should I sell the 5 prints individually or include w/ book?

Nice item! Please, before you do anything find someone to do a little translation, at least to find the title and date, which I can't provide. There are military/WWII collectors who would be interested in this if you can provide the context. I would not sell pages individually, but that's just my opinion.

--Richard

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Please, don't break this book.  It is a nice piece of history and it will find a buyer regardless of a few damp stains.   You will be repaid amply for the time you take to research it. 

Suggestions as to where to start, if you don't find more help here: 

Go to a big militaria site on the web:

http://iacmc.forumotion.com/

Go to the website of one of your state's largest public universities.  If there is an Asian languages department, send an email asking for assistance.  If there is not an Asian languages department, send an email to the international students office to ask for help.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Wait a second.  I'm giving advice on translation and identification but...  Is this the book that has already been identified for you, on another thread:

"This is Japanese.  My Japanese is not good enough for me to give you a literal translation, but this is an "Art book" depicting the Japanese invasion of China.  It was published by the Japanese Ministry of the Army, reprinted November 15, 1940.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d221549566 (use google translate)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply