cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get information from seller about item.

Hi I have sent several messages to seller about item I would like to buy. They have buy it now price and sounds fair. They will not message me back. I just feel a little apprehensive about buying without some questions answered. Please anybody have any advice.  Thanksd

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What item was it?

and What questions did you ask?

It makes a difference

Thanks

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

What item was it?

and What questions did you ask?

It makes a difference

Thanks

Lynn

Lynn

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Hi its a vintage gipson guitar 1973 sg model. It has pictures but I had questions about condition. The item is still for sale. Add stated that it was all original but pictures tell a different story. I just wish they would write me back. Item has a buy it now price.   thanks

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

c*me*4*lefton*info
Trailblazer

I would not do business with an unresponsive seller if I asked questions and they went unanswered.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@candystang wrote:

Add stated that it was all original but pictures tell a different story.

That should be of greater concern than the failure to reply. What's their seller feedback like?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

there feedback looks good as a buyer. Doesn't look like they have sold many items. Never a guitar that I can tell.   thanks again for all the info

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@candystang wrote:

there feedback looks good as a buyer. Doesn't look like they have sold many items.

Good buyer feedback means nothing: anyone can build up a positive buyer history by making lots of low-value purchases. Personally, I would hesitate to purchase a high-value item from someone who doesn't have a good track record of sales, particularly when there's a problem with the description and they ignore reasonable enquiries. Having said that, you would be covered by eBay and PayPal protection so you ought to be safe enough if you choose to proceed. It's your decision to make, but I think you're right to be cautious.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I did an eBay search for: 1973 Gibson Guitar SG

Besides a dozen listings of sellers parting one out...

I only saw one listing.  (after filtering for US Only)

If it's the one that says he's selling because he's a Les Paul guy

and shipping may cost more than what's listed ...

I'd wait.

I'm not sure .

Did someone get in the 'guts' and redo some of the pickups or wiring?

etc?

Lynn

Lynn

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

You have to wonder why the listing states "Feel free to ask any questions.". I really hate when sellers aren't willing to reply to valid questions, especially with high-ticket items.

I've seen listings I've asked about go nowhere. You'd think they'd want the sale.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

An authentic 73 SG is a chunk of change; if seller is afraid to answer questions, something is up and I would run. If real, I wonder if it's my old SG? Get the old band back together? Still time for a hit.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Agree ... I wouldn't buy it. I have a 1963 Martin New Yorker - I'll play rhythm, but not very loudly. 🙂
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Hey that is it! I appreciate all of the input. I also thought the shipping was a little strange as well. Ship to me showed only 18.45. As you said it has shipping could be more. It just doesn't add up and still no answer from seller.  thanks again    

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

thanks again for the input.  Still no answer from my messages.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@candystang wrote:

thanks again for the input.  Still no answer from my messages.

I'm always careful about who I buy from through eBay. Lack of answer to my questions would be a danger sign and a turn off for me. I'm very picky about that, though. I've only had one negative experience since I started using that as a criterion. I also carefully scrutinize their feedback. Sometimes you have to read between the lines even if they have no negatives. (And I didn't try to find the guitar listing you are referring to.)

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Okay, I did just find the listing. This person has far too few feedbacks as a seller for me to even consider spending much money with them. Also, all of the feedbacks as a seller are from more than a year ago. Given that, and other questions about the listing, I'd be very cautious.

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply