cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Beware - Fake Pamp Suise gold bars

A seller from Latvia has just listed 9 Fake Pamp Suisse  1 ounce gold bars. Why would anyone buy these bars? (see pic.LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.jpg of one) 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Typo error:   SUISSE

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

on march 10  won,at auction,four (4) 1 ounce "gold" pamp fortuna bars in veriscan packaging from a "" of brooklyn,new york.

the packaging was perfect enough to fool the coin shop  five weeks later....but upon opening....the gold test proved negative for gold....these are fakes.

the seller is,as of today,still listing additional bars fortuna at auction.

be advised of this.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

The seller you bought the counterfeit gold bars from has several eBay accounts working out of New York State. I can only hope you turn seller in to authorities.
EBay and paypal will virtually do nothing. Sure, you'll get a refund. But, a refund is not enough.
You can leave negative feedback, but, seller will remove when refund is made.
You can contact NCIC [Doug Davis] find info on your PC.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

why does E-bay allow this to happen. They should not allow this on there sight.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

"We are just a venue."

iow... we just provide the place; it's up to you what you do with it...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

comrades,

having been almost swindled by fake gold to the tune of 4016$ and seeing exactly what ebay guarantees are worth....i have stopped all my purchases of gold and collectibles from any but the major sellers.iread somewhere that about 1/3 of such items are counterfeit and as a frequent resident of china,i have seen what is going on production wise.

the  only justice comes from refusing to buy into the process.end of story.

happy 2018

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ebay doesn't give a s**t.  They let frauds and bad sellers persist.  There are so many sellers out of China selling in the "bead" category that don't send what is purchased, or they are not what they are advertised to be.  I personally have purchased HUNDREDS of the agate pendant beads that were never sent.  I have about 500 I did get, but hundreds more that were never sent.  The sellers don't like the price they sell for, mark them "shipped" but don't send.  There is NO WAY literaly hundreds don't arrive. 

I ended up spending hours upon hours filing claims for "item not received" over the course of a year.  Infuriating!  Most of the sellers set a delivery time of 2 months or longer so a buyer cannot leave feedback.  Ebay makes the buyer wait until the delivery date has come and gone before filing a claim.  Again, long past time a seller can leave feedback.  And, if you look at all of these seller's feedback, you will see hundreds of negatives.  But, they sell thousands and it over shadows the negatives that actually get left.  I have had sellers send a "cut and paste" reply when I file a claim,  asking me to wait another week or two.  **bleep**, it had already been over two months.  While the ones that were actually sent arrived in 1-4 weeks.  It is a joke.  Ebay just wants the money they get in fees.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Totally agree with you..right to the point.  Do not buy from questionable sellers.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply