cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Ebay allow sales of Cuban Coins, 1915 & 1920?

PLEASE ADVISE IF I CAN SELL 2 CUBAN COINS ON EBAY. THANK YOU!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

16 Febrero 2018 - the last word that Heron heard was that all coins of Cuba were banned from sales on eBay.  Regardos.   

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

16 Febrero 2018 - the last word that Heron heard was that all coins of Cuba were banned from sales on eBay.  Regardos.   

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@elheron-grandewrote:

yup

but... from many years of looking thru ebay listings, it appears, at least sometimes, only the word "Cuba" is banned...

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

"Caribbean Island"...?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@elheron-grandewrote:

"Caribbean Island"...?

i would have to say from my observations that that phrase is not on the banned list...

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@*smedley*wrote:

@elheron-grandewrote:

"Caribbean Island"...?

i would have to say from my observations that that phrase is not on the banned list...

Mucho Caribbean Centavos. 

These are also banned by PayPal, so don't let any coin item (sold anyhwere) with Cuba in the title go through your account there, it will be frozen faster than a fast-frozen halibut.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

PayPal are actual IDIOTS when it comes to CUBA.

If your buyer puts the word CUBA or CUBAN in the PayPal payments comment, both the buyer's and seller's PayPal accounts will be suspended while they investigate (even if the amount of the sale was $3.25).

Their investigation involves mostly doing nothing.  They will ask you for information, then fail to act on that information, then ask you for it over and over again.   Finally suspending your PayPal account to where you can't received payments (effectively ending eBay sales).

When they finally come to the realization that the buyer and seller are not engaging in an activity that would enrich the Cuban regime, they tell you that they are unsuspending your PayPal account, but that they are STILL reporting the transaction to OFAC for further investigation.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Maybe things will change when eBay completes the transition replacing PayPal with Adyen as its payment processor.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply