cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit Perth Mint 1 oz gold bars [new gotta see]

I just got 2 China counterfeit 1 oz. gold bars in new black assay cards 7/21/2016. They are being sold all over the U.S.A.

I'm naturally not selling them. I'm not a crook and I certainly don't need the money.

I have been in contact with  staff at NCIC.

Here is the picture of the fakes. I hope they help anyone.ffineeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpgffineeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpgntdnmee_opt (1).jpgntdnmee_opt.jpg
Message 1 of 57
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@gigg25 wrote:

I just got 2 China counterfeit 1 oz. gold bars in new black assay cards 7/21/2016. They are being sold all over the U.S.A.

I'm naturally not selling them. I'm not a crook and I certainly don't need the money.

I have been in contact with  staff at NCIC.

Here is the picture of the fakes. I hope they help anyone.ffineeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpgffineeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpgntdnmee_opt (1).jpgntdnmee_opt.jpg

Thank you for taking the time (and the $16.00) to help others overcome their greed and take down the bad guys.  It is people like you working with the FBI National Crime Information Center that help protect people from themselves.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 20 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Please don't say you paid $200 each for those $2000 gold bars. If it looks to good to be true then walk away.

How much DID you pay ?

Did you know they where form China ?

Do you know almost everything made in China is counterfeit ?

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

I paid $8 each. I just wanted to know if they look real. And they do.

There's a bunch active on ebay. And thousands have been sold. The tip of the iceberg. 

Everyone will find out sooner or later they were taken for thousands.

When all they had to do was take the 1 oz. bar for xray.

Alot more complicated with 1/2 oz bars,1,5,10, 20 gram bars xray has trouble authenticating through plastic.

Proper authorities have been notified. eBay is not one of them.

Message 3 of 57
latest reply

@gigg25 wrote:

I paid $8 each.

Interesting.

Message 4 of 57
latest reply

Authentic serial number[above]. Its all in the digital DOTS.        

Compare it to the 2 counterfeit Assay card serial numbers. Notice the uniformity . The difference in the 0 - has 3 dots top and bottom. Compare the 5 and 9 - nice and crisp on authentic.

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

Even knowingly
ly buyi g counterfeit precious metals is illegal.

Id be carefull who yo report it to
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 6 of 57
latest reply

I appreciate your concern for me. I have been working with NCIC to try to help rid counterfeiters of Perth gold bars.

Millions of dollars in worthless gold bars are being sold to unsuspecting buyers daily, 
only to find out months or years from now, COUNTERFEITS.

These are the actual assay card counterfeit serial numbers.ntdnmee_opt.jpgntdnmee_opt (1).jpg

Message 7 of 57
latest reply

The counterfieters will only make more , your $8 only helps them , it doednt discourage them.

And if coming from china the Chinese government wont help or care as long as not sold in their country to other Chinese . Ive seen counterfeit US coins sold there openly with no USA government agency wanting to get involved
Message 8 of 57
latest reply

Anyone paying $8 for these bars of gold and thinking they got real ones does not make them "unsuspecting."

Greedy and st*pid, come more to mind.  

You get what you pay for.

Message 9 of 57
latest reply

I know they are counterfeits. They are not for sale. My profit is to inform.

I can afford to throw $16 away to inform others of what they bought or plan to buy. 

I've seen hundreds presently listed and previously sold.  [Counterfeit examples of Perth  serial #'s below]

For me, this blog is a nice front to help the public.ntdnmee_opt (1).jpgntdnmee_opt.jpg

Compare the authentic Perth 1oz gold bar serial  # [see below] to the 2 counterfeit ones [see above]

Message 10 of 57
latest reply

Certainly they area collectible at $8 each. Is it legal to own them?

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

I can afford to throw $16 away to inform others of what they bought or plan to buy. 

You just gave the scammers $16. They are the ones laughing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always take a banana to a party, bananas are good! - Ten
Message 12 of 57
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Anyone paying $8 for these bars of gold and thinking they got real ones does not make them "unsuspecting."

Greedy and st*pid, come more to mind.  

You get what you pay for.

Agreed. I absolutely, positively cannot feel sorry for anyone who thinks they can buy an ounce of gold for $8. I honestly don't think anyone can be that stupid--they know exactly what they're getting and are probably going to turn around and sell it to someone else as real.

I wish these unscrupulous sellers would just go poof overnight....but they won't.....because too many idiots keep buying their garbage.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 13 of 57
latest reply

To Triyarn.  The $16 I gave the counterfeiters is a small price to pay. 

Because when the customers who bought the bars for $1400 on eBay and other sites from scammers, I think they will at least want their cash back.

I imagine most will be contacting local authorities, NCIC, FBI or any agency , to fine[hit them ih their pockets] and prosecute them.

Let them Smiley Happy laugh now, but cry later.Smiley EmbarassedMan Sad

Message 14 of 57
latest reply

Ebay has buyer protection , you get your $$ back.

But they dont have greed protection.
Message 15 of 57
latest reply