cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1970-S 1c BU small date

HI, i have a roll of 1970-S 1c lincoln cents marked as small date, over 60% are very clearly small dates, but some are kind of "iffy". They have the traits decreibed but are a gamble in a way. I would be keeping a couple for myself and selling autioning the rest, should i sell the whole roll as small date or go through and have them all rechecked? i know ive compared them to the images and decriptions the 2018 coin collectors guide book and onlince resources. but there are small diffrences  but major positives in the roll. I would appreciate the imput, Thanks. "the coins are a better grade than BU BTW but would keep the original discription"

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

1970-S 1c BU small date

(eBay's) General guidelines for coins and paper money:

Include all relevant information that you know about the item, such as origin, date of issue, and condition
     Include a clear picture of the actual item being sold – don't use stock photos
     Include all information about any alterations that may have been made to the item
     Individually identify every item listed to avoid misunderstandings about what is for sale
     Don't list the item if you're unsure of its origin or authenticity 

Usw spelchek 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

1970-S 1c BU small date

As a buyer, I would only purchase a 1970-S small date cent that was graded by a third party.

BTW, since some are questionable, I would not list them all as small dates if I were doing it. Sell the ones you know are definitely small dates and then maybe take the others to a few deals and see what they say. There are also lots of really helpful articles online. They really helped me when I was looking for a 1970-s small date for my collection backa while ago.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

1970-S 1c BU small date

Are you refering to the forum itself or ebay in general(postings).

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

1970-S 1c BU small date

If they Are/where marked as a certian grade and/or veriety would'nt that be considered a third party grading?  Although, all would still be subject to scrutiny of course.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply