cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self-slabbers?

rubbadubba46
Enthusiast

I have some coins that have been rated by the INB rating service. These coins look great to me and are "rated" somewhat high. This service seems to have a reputation of being a "self-slabber". These coins may not have the value of a PCGS rated coin but as I said above they look very nice.  Certainly they must have some value and be sellable I would think. Are such coins shunned at all cost? I'd like to sell some of these coins and get what would be considered a reasonable price for them but do not want to be thought of as a cheat and scammer. Has anyone any recommendations and/or comment for me? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

self-slabbers?

Best advice I can give you is to break all your coins out of the NIB holders. Bury the broken holders and salt the earth above them. Finally, if you feel the coins are worth a few hundred dollars, send them to a real TPG ie PCGS, NGC or ANACS.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

self-slabbers?

NNC slabs are all over ebay IMO they are one of the worst services out there damaged coins overgraded and even counterfeits have been the norm with these. Regards

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

self-slabbers?

Here's well over 100 images and information on grading services you should avoid http://coinauctionshelp.com/page16.html

Message 4 of 4
latest reply