cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dated Morgan Silver Dollar Love Token questio

I had this in the auction listings and they suggested I check out coins.  I wasn't sure if I should ask in a general coin group or grading, but figure start at the grading group.

I have an 1882 Morgan silver dollar that was turned into a love token.  The detail is amazing, there is a design going around the full circle, and it says Dora June 25th, 1884 with a few designs.

The coin is goldish in color, evenly on both sides, and I'm not sure if it was intentional or toning.  How would I tell?  I see auctions started at .99 and sold for $110 and up.  Buy it now prices are 230-250.  I think a price of around 175 is fair, but how can I be sure?  (I am looking into love tokens with names and dates.)

I am a new seller, and don't want to gamble with this.  I feel comfortable with an auction, but I don't want to risk starting at .99.  I also don't want to start a bid of 100 and get nothing.  I've heard mixed reviews of reserves.  Is an auction the way to go and how should I go about it?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Dated Morgan Silver Dollar Love Token questio

I always start most of my auctions with .99 If the coin is worth it then it usually brings the value. I think your coin could bring $150 and that should be your goal.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply