cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading Item Location

Why does eBay permit a seller to continuously mislead buyers by allowing them to list Dayton, New Jersey as their shipping location when the seller is actually based out of China? I refuse to buy anything from China, but was fooled by a seller. Now 6 days after I paid for the items, they’re JUST now arriving in California. I’m in Texas. If they really were in New Jersey, they would have had to drive past my house to get my packages to Compton, CA. It is unclear why eBay permits this poor buying experience.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Misleading Item Location

Ebay lets them say they're in the US if their warehouse is in the US but they themselves are somewhere else. I agree it's misleading.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Misleading Item Location

Ebay lets them say they're in the US if their warehouse is in the US but they themselves are somewhere else. I agree it's misleading.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Misleading Item Location

I agree 100%. It is an Ebay flaw. They show a long arrival time with Economy Shipping but it appears shipped the next day and still takes 2 weeks from NJ to FL. Clearly misleading. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Misleading Item Location

I've heard eBay lets them use their warehouse location if it's in the US, which is actually fine with me as long as it's shipped quickly from there.

I just had a purchase where I suspect it's a Chinese company but they listed the item Location as New Jersey.  It was shipped promptly, but it's coming from California.  Is this even worth bringing to eBay's attention or do they really not care?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Misleading Item Location

It's worth a try I suppose. If the listing was guaranteed delivery and was late I would positively follow through because coast to coast differences in location is not a little difference.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply