cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this lens

This belonged to my father in law. Not sure what lens it is. it's a Tamaron. It has f=200mm and 62 mm. I'm not a collector. I'd like to list this lens..Any info would be appreciated. Thank You!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What is this lens

I'm not a collector either, but I do know that you have to show more pictures.  Photograph the sides of the lens where other information is printed, like the manufacturer of the lens, etc.  You can also take it to a camera shop and ask the person there if he would mind telling you what you have and how much it is worth.  Use that information to browse the eBay camera category, or...just keep comparing your lens with what you see on the category.  This is the best I can do for you at this time.  Get back to me if I can help you further.  ritavae

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What is this lens

Hi,

Yes, lets see the same pic with lens rotated so we can see the maker.

Also the mount (other end without the cap) would help as well. And a side view showing the aperture range.

All we know now is that its a 200mm lens for something with a 62mm filter on it.

Thanx, MJ

Michael J...

If you're talking, you're not listening....If you're not listening, you're not learning.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

What is this lens

Here's a picture of the end. It's for a Canon and the lens is a Tamaron. ( I have the camera too) . Do you think it's worth listing?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

What is this lens

Yes. always worth listing. Still some avid film users out there.

I am finding online that a new generation of young film shooters just finding the medium for the first time are liking it and looking to play with the old gear.

Michael J...

If you're talking, you're not listening....If you're not listening, you're not learning.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What is this lens

From the picture you supplied it looks like it could be an older "Adaptall" Tamron model CT-200 - 200mm F3.5, it should have "Tamron" printed on the side of the built on lens hood since it has a 62mm filter size it's pretty clear, someone has fitted a later version Adaptall-2 mount for Canon on the lens. The later 200mm F3.5 Adaptall-2 Tamron was amodel 04B had a 58mm filter size. The CT-200 and 04B were the only adaptall 200mm F3.5 lenses Tamron made.

Regardless of whether a 04B or CT-200 both 200mm F3.5 lenses, neither has much value. The unique anything is the ability to change mounts so it's not just for Canon and with the right mount many mount systems for manual focus are compatible.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

What is this lens

Manual lenses today are far more widely used by Digital camera users then Film users. The market value for older manual focus lenses is about 75% held up because of adpating lenses to digital cameras and only 25% by film users....fyi

Message 7 of 7
latest reply