cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIKON Cameras for sale and display pictures.

When you see and advertisement for a NIKON camera for sale and it is photographed with the famous GOLD box next to it beware.  The box in some cases is just an attention getter for a camera that is not mint or exc ++ or even close.   It is just there for show.  So when you are looking at the cameras for sale and you see the famous GOLD box and some paper work - DON'T automatically assume it is new or in real good shape. 

Some are and come with the ORIGINAL box - you can ask the seller if the serial number on the box is the same as the serial number on the camera that is a pretty good sign that the box has stayed with the camera.  Some people actually buy the boxes. WHY ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

All I selling is Photography related (Cameras,Lenses,Flash...) .

Within my experience if I sell exactly the same camera in 2 difference listing ,1 listing camera come with Box ,another come with carying Bag ,both selling for the same $ / My best bet is the one with box sell faster than the 1 with bag / No Ideal what people thinking because Bag is more useful than the Box

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The reason the box sells faster in my opinion and thinking is that the BOX is an eye catcher and it gives the illusion of the camera - lens as being BRAND NEW - and most of the time it is not new.  People sell boxes only - and the only thing I can come up with is that they might want to use it as a advertising eyecatcher - Also it breaks the attention - for example as you look through the cameras and lenses you see black plastic or metal and glass - over and over - that NIKON bright GOLD box makes the viewer take a second look.  I do but I look at the photographs - when they say MINT or EXC++ I expect to see at least 12 FREE piictures - of close ups all angles - everything and nothing to hide - Sometimes I see just 2 photographs dark - I just pass them up it is not worth my time to even read the description UNLESS is is BRAND NEW unopened and unused. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply