cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! What is this?

Hi Everyone. I recently purchased some Disneyland surplus items at an auction, among the many cool things I got were these 5" round plastic with glass inside. There are rubber seals on one side (water proof?) and the glass looks like it has an epoxy seal around the edge.

I was told that this was a hood lens for a camera or video camera. I would appreciate any help in identifying this "thing". Thank you in advance.P1190376.JPGP1190376.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Help! What is this?

Could be a lens hood. If it is, its home made. Does not look like anything I have seen in last 30 years. Would have little value unless you can connect it to a specific brand or model to use it with. And even then, lens hoods are not high in value. Any markings on it at all??

Just my opinion.

Michael J...

If you're talking, you're not listening....If you're not listening, you're not learning.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Help! What is this?

It looks like a home made  1) lens hood ?   2) lens case ?  made out of plactic and or metal pipe

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Help! What is this?

Thanks for the quick response. No markings, made out of plastic. It probably was made for a sepcific Disney need. Thanks again for takeing the time to help, maybe I will make a mini submarine and use these for windows haha. Take care and have a Great Christmas.

Steve

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Help! What is this?

For years there was a wood shop down the street from us with big glass windows in front of shop to the street. You could look inside and see the giant wood items they were making for disney parks. It was pretty cool to see stuff come together.

Michael J...

If you're talking, you're not listening....If you're not listening, you're not learning.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply