cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller dropshipping things (against TOS)

I keep receiving the same item from a large online retailer after I purchased one. They clearly haven't updated the shipping address with each order.  Now I have 3 of the same item that I didn't order.  I've reached out to the seller, notified Ebay, and have heard NOTHING.  How long before I just turn around and sell them myself?

Just curious

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

First, dropshipping is not against eBay's rules. What eBay prohibits is buying an item from a retailer and sending it with a gift receipt to a third party. But having a wholesale source and dropshipping is perfectly legal. 

In this case, it sounds like a glitch with the seller's source. Unless you're being charged for the extra items, it's not your problem. Inform the seller once that they can send you a shipping label and you'll return the extras. After that they're yours to use, donate or discard as you see fit.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Actually you'd better re-read.  Dropshipping from BIG BOX retailers IS prohibited.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Also, if you read my message, the question is after I've already notified, how long do I wait for this reply before I no longer am responsible to the seller?   I have already notified them. 

And to confirm:   Dropshipping on eBay is allowed, as its own website makes very clear. However, you must take its conditions seriously. Dropshipping is only allowed if you fulfill orders yourself – and directly – from a wholesaler.  This seller is dropshipping from a bigbox retailer.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Would not allow me to edit.   to clarify I am suggesting you reread the TOS.  This seller is not drop-shipping from a wholesaler...let's start there.  Second of all, I didn't say dropshipping IS against the TOS.  I said they are drop-shipping against the TOS, which they are. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Those extra items are yours - free and clear.  Don’t waste your time with returns.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@traveljessica wrote:

Actually you'd better re-read.  Dropshipping from BIG BOX retailers IS prohibited.

Some big box retailers have drop shipping if it's actual drop shipping where the seller actually already owns or has access to the inventory it is allowed.  What isn't allowed is selling and item then going to purchase it from another source to ship to the customer. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 7 of 7
latest reply