cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is preventing me from completing a purchase!

Hello everyone.

I am having some problems, trying to buy a product from a seller since some time. I am hoping that I can get the solution here.

Here is the situation. I want to buy a product from a seller. He lives in UK and my address is in Germany. The problem is that when I try to BUY IT NOW, I get a message from eBay warning me that the seller does not post to Germany. Please see the picture below.

lucky-vish_0-1600692747692.jpeg

When I look at the Shipping Destination list, Germany is not excluded from the list. Please see the picture below.

lucky-vish_1-1600692747700.jpeg

I have also contacted the seller, and he updated his listing several times in several ways and each time I have the same problem when trying to buy. The seller told me several times that in his listing, he did not exclude Germany from the list of countries where he post.

Can someone please let me know whether there is a problem with the seller's listing? How should the seller's listing be changed to allow me to purchase the item without issues.

Or is there a glitch on eBay?

Regards

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The seller should specifically add Germany to the list of countries he will ship to. Non-exclusion of Germany is not enough for eBay to complete the transaction.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@frank-weimann 

You have reached the discussion board for ebay.com (United States). Since this transaction is taking place on ebay.co.uk, you might want to check the UK discussion boards to make sure procedures for ebay.co.uk are the same as they are for ebay.com. While quite similar, there are certainly procedures and policies that differ from site to site.

US members are generally unaware of those differences and may not give the most informed advice. UK members would be the better ones to ask about ebay.co.uk transactions.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/13

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I am having same issue... how can i solve the issue?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply