cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay cannot be trusted

I am now and over 2 to 3 weeks of dealing with eBay they knew right away that the address was the wrong address and did nothing about it did not notify the seller they say I put the wrong address and why would I put in Oklahoma when I live in New Mexico I put my address in I saw it somehow the computer changed it I notified the seller but they're late did not work as eBay said I was not a member so they did not accept my messages after complaining for a few days the seller got back to me said well we already shipped it I said well I tried from the moment that I put the order in to notify you and I did contact eBay in less than an hour and talk to them and they did nothing eBay ripped me off. $195 I spent for a product I never have gotten yet I have my bank reported as fraud and they are investigating I have the attorney general's office of New Mexico investigating everyone sees my point eBay is not to be trusted they're guarantee means nothing they lie they do not have a process of service to be able to contact the seller and they are responsible and they will pay one way or the other I have requested several times the legal service here in New Mexico so that I can take them to court and sue them they have not responded to me by law they must give me their legal service address and they have not replied do not trust eBay something happened with this company company. I will never ever use eBay again and I warn anybody to never use eBay they are not to be trusted.

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

eBay cannot be trusted

We know it has to be upsetting when something goes wrong here.  But eBay offers buyers pretty good protection via the Money Back Guarantee.  How about returning here and giving details of your problem so we can perhaps offer help or advice?

Not sure  how eBay could know right away that the address was the wrong address.

When you buy and pay, you are shown the shipping address.  No one from eBay sees and verifies that information.  Many buyers change the address there to have their purchase shipped elsewhere, perhaps as a gift.  

Message 2 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

You bought a Thing.

The seller sent it to the wrong address.

• The seller is given the address the buyer entered when the purchase was made. He cannot change that.

You tried to cancel the order but the seller had already shipped it.

Okay?

White space and punctuation are your friends.

What date were you given for delivery?
You cannot open a Not Received dispute until then. Mark your calendar.

The link for a dispute is on the original invoice.

However, if the value of the item was $195, the seller undoubtedly purchased a tracked  shipping service.

Were you given the tracking number? It should be on My eBay (top right corner)-> Purchase History->Orders

Where is the shipment now?

If the last date for delivery has passed, you can open your Dispute.

The seller will be required to prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) or to refund you in full.

However.

Did you pay through Paypal?

If so, you can open a dispute earlier. You have 180 days from payment to Dispute for non-delivery. The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Activities.

Again, if the seller cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

Note that if tracking shows the shipment is en route, there may be a delay to allow for tracking.

If your PP account is backed by a credit card (a Best Practice for buying anywhere online) you may also be covered by the chargeback provisions of the card. Card policies differ.

EBay's address only requires Googling.

eBay Inc.

2145 Hamilton Avenue

San Jose, California

Message 3 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

You should know that taking your payment for an address shown to you when you paid is not fraud. It's on you to read everything before submitting the payment. ADDRESSES are shown to you and you're given the opportunity to change it if it's incorrect.

So that's a false claim of fraud you're having the bank and your

state's attorney investigate.

Message 4 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

@riob-78,

"eBay said I was not a member so they did not accept my messages".

Did you make the purchase as a guest because you forgot your login information?  If you did then you did not make the purchase as an ebay member, so ebay would not accept your messages.

"after complaining for a few days the seller got back to me said well we already shipped it I said well I tried from the moment that I put the order in to notify you".

If you spent your time trying to contact ebay, instead of the seller directly, they had time to ship the item to the address you provided, which is the only address they can ship to and have seller protection.  If you bought as a guest you should have received an email with your complete order details.  The subject line should say Order Details.  It would show the address you sent to the seller in that information. If somehow you did enter Oklahoma instead of New Mexico, you have no case against ebay.  There would be information about the seller in the details, which you could have used to contact them directly. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item/returning-items-bought-guest?id=4065

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

The computer did not change your address. If you told your bank the same story you told here, I would not be surprised if they deny your claim. 

Posting ID
Message 6 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

Well you're pretty much spot on I immediately realize that they're computer changed the address. I know where I live I don't live in Oklahoma. Immediately after i did the transaction, I realize it was a mistake and I did contact eBay and they said that there's nothing they could do about it and that they would put it on my chart or something.  eBay is at fault all they had to do is contact the seller and they refused to do that until many days later after the product was delivered, there's no excuse for this eBay is at false the seller wouldn't accept any communication unless you remember well why are they them selling to people that are not members? In Oklahoma someone signed for a package that had my name on it that's fraud forgery somebody is responsible there in the delivery of these are very simple issues and obviously eBay has to be accountable here cuz if they can't get this right no one should ever trust them to do any transactions. I have your attorney general of New Mexico investigated and they agree with you I told him the evidence you may need that the transaction was going to the wrong addresses with nothing about it. I've also told the evidence to my bank and they are processing of the problem I transaction. Personally I'm amazed that eBay such a big company so poorly administered that this should have never ever happened. eBay tries to point it on me that I made a mistake on the address and it's a lie. Why would I put Oklahoma when I live in New Mexico. I am also numerous times ask eBay for their legal services rest in New Mexico and they do not respond. Back to stop all of the history and access to this transaction even though I have duplicates in my email it shows me they're trying to cover this up I'm glad I have some good contacts in the reference in his office someone needs to address this company the bunch of Chinese sellouts is what this is all about. 

Message 7 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

Hey Mr eBay awesome eBay won't give me their legal service they're doing business here in New Mexico I have been in court for 35 years and believe me I will win I want your legal service address in New Mexico why it won't you give that you can't do business here in New Mexico without the ability to address your company in court and I am prepared to go to court on this. You are fraudulent organization and you take advantage of people and you lie on top of it and I don't like it it's beyond the $195 at this point. My back has been reviewing all this and believe me they believe that eBay should have addressed that correction within less than an hour of the transaction and they did not and I have evidence of the communication. It's called a phone record. 

Message 8 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

"by law they must give me their legal service address and they have not replied"

Did you actually READ the Ebay User Agreement that you  accepted  when you became a member of Ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 9 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

Joe curious here

have you checked the 5 addresses that you can have on file with ebay ?

the onus is on you to check that page and update it

if you have not checked the address page  then chances are its going to happen again

@riob-78 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 10 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

@mudshark61369 

< If somehow you did enter Oklahoma instead of New Mexico >    

Maybe transposed a couple of digits in the zip code.  That might do it, except I'd expect the software to detect a zip code/state mismatch. 

Message 11 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

I'm done with eBay this should have never happened they knew that was the wrong address right away and did nothing I will never ever use eBay again and I have started a claim for fraud with attorney general New Mexico and my bank. eBay cannot be trusted. Period after what I've been through in the last 3 weeks I will never ever use eBay there are too many other companies I've never had this problem with Amazon.

Message 12 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

This is nonsense I know what my address is I saw it on the screen for whatever reason it doesn't matter they had no way of communication the seller would not accept my email because I was not a member and eBay was notified immediately and they did nothing about it. eBay is fraud. I will post in every article I see about eBay and you don't know me I've been in court for 35 years against government for fraud you are a fraudulent operation.

Message 13 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

What other website, especially the size and scope of eBay allows the buyer to input incorrect or non-existing addresses? The IT at eBay is the worst in the business. Yes the buyer made a mistake, but had eBay used the address finder matrix as EVERY other platform uses, it would be very difficult to input nonexistent addresses. This company doesn’t set the seller or even the buyer up for success. 

Message 14 of 78
latest reply

eBay cannot be trusted

If you contacted your banking institution they usually will refund you in 2 weeks. Credit card chargebacks usually win. However, considering how you are behaving I wonder what the outcome of your banking institution will do now. I can't imagine staying up Saturday night and Sunday morning going on and on about this.

Message 15 of 78
latest reply