cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the next 15% off anything sale?

I heard that the 15% anything that has been happening every week recently is something that happens every Tuesday.  Is that true?  When will the next such special/promotion going to occur?

Robert Lam
www.ForeclosuresUnleashed.com
How To Profit From Foreclosures
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

That 15% off sales was unusual I don't know if ebay will be doing it again .
Ebay never gives advanced notice on these types of things.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@fivestarswwrote:

I heard that the 15% anything that has been happening every week recently is something that happens every Tuesday.  Is that true?  When will the next such special/promotion going to occur?

No, that's not true. The recent 15/20% off codes were extremely unusual; I don't recall anything like them in the 17 years I've been here.

Speculation is that they needed to improve their 1st quarter financial numbers. If that was the reason, maybe we'll see them again in June.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@fivestarswwrote:

Probably not during April, ebay will be promoting buying by disbursing ebay bucks. 

EBay does not provide us with advance notice of the dates of their special Promotions.

Best not to wait for a promotion on one of a kind, or limited quantity, to avoid possible disappointment.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

There was a 20% off and two 15% off promos recently.  Most of us long timers don't recall ever seeing anything like them in all our years here.  Speculation is they were trying to beef up sales numbers before the end of the 1st quarter.  If so, we may not see one again for quite some time.

Then again, they could surprise us.

On another note, you probably need to edit your signture to remove the URL.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@chrysylyswrote:

There was a 20% off and two 15% off promos recently. 

And at least one of those promotions was limited to specific sellers only.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@pburnwrote:

@chrysylyswrote:

I got a 20% and two 15%, none of which had restrictions on which sellers were included. There were only the usual category restrictions (gift cards, bullion, etc.). That what made them so unusual.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@thatsallfolkswrote:

I got a 20% and two 15%, none of which had restrictions on which sellers were included. There were only the usual category restrictions (gift cards, bullion, etc.). That what made them so unusual.

Am I perhaps thinking of the much-maligned "Black Friday" sale? Is that the one that had a list of participating sellers?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@pburnwrote:

@thatsallfolkswrote:

Am I perhaps thinking of the much-maligned "Black Friday" sale? Is that the one that had a list of participating sellers?

Probably. And there's a limited 10% one going on now.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@pburnwrote:

@chrysylyswrote:

There have been several of those in between the 3 sitewide sales I mentioned.  The seller-limited promos are generally for a few days.  The sitewide sales were only for a few hours on one day each.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Sorry, OP, that is NOT true.

As for when the next promotion will be, your guess is as good as anyone's.

Simply put, no  one knows.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply