cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Left Bug

On my bid/offer page, besides the item, it is written 'Time Left' and this is a software bug where the web designer forgot to indicate that he wants displayed the value of the variable 'Time Left'... I tried to report this a month ago through 'tell us what you think' link ...  the software bug is still there sept 19 2018

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Time Left Bug

Are you referring to the fact that the "TIME LEFT" of watched items displays only as text, and not as a time countdown?  If so, I also have the issue and would like it fixed.   (see attached screen shot)

JD

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Time Left Bug

brian@ebay  has this been reported?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Time Left Bug

@dtexley3 wrote:

brian@ebay  has this been reported?

Hi @dtexley3, this has been reported and the developers are aware of it. I don't have an ETA on a fix, but it's definitely being looked into! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Time Left Bug

brian@ebay wrote:

Hi @dtexley3, this has been reported and the developers are aware of it. I don't have an ETA on a fix, but it's definitely being looked into! 

Brian, I know the solution, and it's very simple.  Just wipe the junk you have on your servers, all of it, with hubs and purdy blue buttons, and install a backup version from a year ago.   That's it, problem solved.  No need to thank me.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Time Left Bug

Yes, so is it an option maybe...where you can toggle between when it will end and the actual countdown that shows how many hours, mins, etc.. are left? If so how the heck do i change it back to the countdown...I hate it showing only the date/time of when the auction ends. I want to know at a glance, I have 30 minutes left.....etc...
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Time Left Bug

@stacymcd1001

This current problem began about two weeks ago, and seems to affect the Summary page countdowns, and the Bids/Offers page countdowns.

Countdowns on the Watch List page, individual custom lists, individual item pages, and the "All Lists" page are not affected.

That eBay has not corrected the problem indicates that it is either not a priority, or else other changes are in the works that would make corrections moot (such as an entirely new Summary page). 

In the mean time, folks trying to keep track of the time left in the auctions they are watching can use alternate list links as a workaround.

https://www.ebay.com/myb/WatchList

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&SortOrder=ASCEND&GotoPage=1&MyeBayListIndex.Filter=A...

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Time Left Bug

Glad its not just me.  I reported it twice plus the time zone for me is East coast and everything is 3 hours off.  Drives me up a wall.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Time Left Bug

I also am being thrown off by the PDT ---- >> EST difference.  I want to be able to glance and see the actual time left instead of doing math.  First World Problem, YES, but how hard can it be to fix this??

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Time Left Bug

Amen. And please allow me to add, "If'n it ain't broke, STOP fixing it, eBay!!!". 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Time Left Bug

Agreed. It was much easier and quite useful being able to see the amount of time left for an auction expressed in days, hours & minutes. Having to click onto each listing to see that info is unnecessarily time consuming.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Time Left Bug

FIXED!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply