cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks For the Coupon, Ebay!

Got this in my email about an hour ago....

This Coupon is a $15 discount off a minimum purchase of $75, valid from 5:00 AM Pacific Time on November 12, 2019 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on November 21, 2019. 

Says it's good for three uses with a coupon code.

Nothing in my ebay messages, nothing showing on the homepage for the associated ebay ID for the email.

Today is the 18th. I have started Christmas shopping, but most of my larger purchases (>$75) are already made, and were purchased elsewhere...a couple ordered since the 12th. If I had known about this coupon, they would have been purchased here. At least two or three ebay sellers, and ebay itself lost out on this one.

Thanks ebay!

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

You can still use the coupon now in anticipation of possible price increases & escalating shipping costs, & have the items available for future gift giving.

Save yourself a bundle of cash by acting now.

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

I think you can set your communication preferences to never receive another of these ridiculous offers again. In the meantime, you can protest by refusing to use the coupon.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion, Ed.

I have 4 granddaughters ranging in age from 13-18...trying to predict what they might like next month is enough for me....lol! Trying to predict what they might like sometime in the future is a headache I do not need. Not going to tie up cash in that right now, for sure.

I wonder how many others who may have used this coupon simply didn't get the memo until it was too late? As a buyer, I'm surely disappointed. As a seller, it makes me angry. Sales are slow enough as it is....

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

I got the coupon, too... but it's only good for purchases made through the app.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Hmmm... the title of the email is: Time to try out the eBay app! You can use this coupon for 3 app purchases!

But nothing in the terms and conditions says it HAS to be used in the app.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

We have the app on a cheap tablet just to take advantage of in-app deals. Put items in the cart on the PC and pay through the app on the home network. Read about it here on the board, and it works like a charm.

If I had known about this sooner, it would have gotten used. I feel bad for the sellers who missed out. I know I can't be the only one that didn't get any notification in ebay messages or email until this promo is almost over. That's my gripe. It started on the 12th and today is the 18th.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

I'm protesting by posting this silliness here. My budget for this pay period is spent now, and although hubby may want something in the next couple of days, it's somewhat unlikely. Putting Christmas on the plastic won't be happening as much this year. We splurged a bit last year, and we are pulling back this year. It was a lot of fun, but still owing for Christmas when April rolled around was kind of a bummer.

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

I got it about the same time you did, about an hour after they posted the item specifics announcement. Too bad sales are in the toilet and I have no money to pay bills, let alone shop on eBay.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

15 bucks off of 75 bucks or more isn't enough to make me download the app. 75.00 off a 25.00 purchase MIGHT convince me to download it for a day or two ............

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

@upgradedendmills wrote:

I think you can set your communication preferences to never receive another of these ridiculous offers again. In the meantime, you can protest by refusing to use the coupon.

Could you explain why this offer is "ridiculous"?

What exactly would I be "protesting" and why? A 20% discount on 3 items not enough? Too much?

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

It's hard to read "sarcasm" in print.
Which is how I read what upgradedendmills typed.
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

I got a sense that the post was complaining about a gift. My reply was sarcasm for sure, but not meant to insult. Lot of complaining going on here lately.

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

Same here @moo*cow*corner, I only just now received this email. Hmmm.
Message 14 of 36
latest reply

You read it correctly.  I did a bunch of Christmas shopping here on eBay today and an offer like that would have saved me $45. (I didn't get it, but it hasn't ruined my life).  Also, I don't shop too much on other sites simply because eBay is my bread and butter and I think loyalty is a two way street.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply