cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller lied about items details when contacted, what should I do?

I need CD cases with the Compact Disc logo on the inside to fix up my PS1 game collection. I found a wholesale CD case listing for a great price but it didn't say in the description if they would have the official logo on them. The stock photo they used was blurry but appeared to have the logo on it so I asked the seller, very clearly, if the cases would have the logo. I attached a picture explaining exactly what I meant, so there's no way they were confused. The seller responded with "there is compact disc logo", so I purchased a set of 10. I received them Saturday afternoon and none of them have the logo. I sent them a message right away explaining what happened and they have not responded yet, it has been 3 days total but only 1 full business day. I was planning on opening a case with them if they didn't respond by today (Tuesday), but I'm worried I don't have a chance to win. Does an INAD case include when you contact a seller directly for details and they lie about it? I only bought from them because they told me the cases would have the logo, so I'm very disappointed.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyers always win.  Go to the Resolution Center and open a not as described case. If the seller doesn't respond with a return label or issue a refund  by 5-8 days ask eBay to step in and refund.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buyers always win.  Go to the Resolution Center and open a not as described case. If the seller doesn't respond with a return label or issue a refund  by 5-8 days ask eBay to step in and refund.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

According to the ebay Buyer Protection Policy,ebay have to responsible about that kind of case.If the seller doesn't respond , you can go help center and explain this matter to ebay.As I think ebay return your money , ebay always with buyer side that kind of situation.Then don't worry.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I just opened my INAD case against them so hopefully everything goes well. Thank you for responding, you made me feel better.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Buyers do not always win … seller does in this case:

“We'll have to deny your claim. The decision was made because you did not provide the tracking details we requested.”

So PayPal and eBay are saying that it’s OK for the seller to LIE about the condition of the item they’re selling.  There is no reprimand to the seller.  I supplied proof of the non-working condition; where’s the sellers proof??

When I received the non-returnable and “so called working item”; the fuse was blown, replaced the fuse and it was still not working.  Checked the voltages, took pictures and sent them to the manufacturer. 

The mfr. stated:

“This old ozone system we no longer have any parts for this. The output voltage was 4000 to 5000 volts going to that cell/chamber. 37.2 volts on the output means that the high output transformer is shot.

Sorry, this will need to be replaced with a new ozone system.”

PayPal

Said I would obtain a refund if I return the unit to the seller.  Problem is that the cost (shipping, customs, etc.) would be almost 80% of the refund!!  Also travelling to/from an outlet to ship it, 30kms.

eBay Forum response:

Go to the Resolution Center and open a not as described case. If the seller doesn't respond with a return label or issue a refund by 5-8 days ask eBay to step in and refund.

I would send it back if the seller provides a paid return label. 

The bottom line is eBay and PayPal do not see the problem of sellers lying about the condition of the product they are selling and the buyer has no recourse or has to have and out of pocket loss for the transaction!!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The original post in this thread is over three years old.  The OP appears to have no current listings.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply