cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller cancels order - Can't leave feedback???

I've had this happen to me twice in the past 2 weeks.  I placed an order, and then the seller backs out and cancels the purchase citing 'The seller canceled this order due to the following reason: Buyer asked to cancel the item(s) in this order. ', which is 100% FALSE.  I never received ANY communication from the sellers who pulled this on me.  Is this the new sleazy way to do business on fleabay?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Seller cancels order - Can't leave feedback???

Well eBay is supposedly monitoring the communication so they hert themselves when this happens but;;;

report a seller:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/working-sellers/report-seller-listing?id=4022 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You absolutely CAN leave feedback for an item that a seller cancelled on you.  Here's how:

1. Go to summary

2. Click "My eBay" and you will see your User ID/User name.

3. Click the feedback number beside your User name.

4. Locate "Your purchases awaiting feedback" then click "see all"

5. Go to the search bar and type in the item number. Then press enter. (item number can be found if you open the message notifying you of the cancellation)

6. Leave appropriate feedback.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for this info. Very helpful as I've just been stung by a seller who cancelled the sale within a minute of my winning bid citing the item was "damaged or out of stock".

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@scenewrecker wrote:

Thank you for this info. Very helpful as I've just been stung by a seller who cancelled the sale within a minute of my winning bid citing the item was "damaged or out of stock".

While it stinks that the seller cancelled, by choosing 'damaged or out of stock' they actually got a defect on their account for the cancellation. It doesn't take many of those before there are consequences such as higher selling fees or even account suspension. The reason some sellers choose 'buyer requested' when they cancel is because that reason allows them to avoid the defect.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@scenewrecker wrote:

and maybe it was..........

unless you see it relisted at a higher price you have no idea what may have happened. Years ago I was selling a pyrex casserole dish and dropped it as I went to place it on the packing table - luckily my buyer understood that these things can and do happen...........

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Sorry -  did not realise - thread Sept 2020

download.jpg

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply