cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received counterfeit Milwaukee batteries, and my experience in getting a refund.

I've been finding many great deals on eBay when it comes to getting Milwaukee tools and batteries.  All items received are as described by the sellers and some arrived even better than expected.   I found an listing for Milwaukee M12 6.0XC batteries for about $40 a piece with shipping included.  If you know Milwaukee prices this is a great deal.  The item description stated they were Milwaukee brand, and included a stock photo.  As always I checked the seller's feedback.  I saw others who purchased this same item give positive feedback and the seller had very few negative ones for other items/reasons.  So I jumped on this deal and bought 3 of them for $127. What a deal right? Wrong.... as you can see from the image they are counterfeit.  I as immediately suspicious at the texture and appearance of the label, once compared with the other 2 counterfeit batteries I noticed they all had the same serial numbers.   When I compared them to my authentic M12 6.0XC battery, on the left of the uploaded picture, you can clearly see the differences.  I started the refund process, and that's when my mess started.  The seller gave me all types of reasons why they could not refund me, telling me eBay suspended them.  So I opened a money back guarantee case.  2 days in to this I checked on the status and was told it was closed and that I needed to open a case with PayPal.  I was given a transaction ID and told to give that to PayPal.  Keep in mind, the the money back guarantee states eBay will step in on the 3rd day if there is no resolution.  Since eBay closed the case the seller then claimed eBay sent me a refund. I explained to the seller, in China, that I was told to open a PayPal case. Along the way eBay support has not been great at all, each time I reached out to get an update I got a different status or course of action.  PayPal was not much better, the first person hung up on me when I told them that a 60 day wait is not acceptable.  I called back and put on my fake happy voice and got them to open a case, and explained all the ways the seller has eluded giving me a refund.  Sensing I was not going to get anywhere with PayPal I opened another fraud case with my credit card company who immediately issued a temp refund.  Each of the 7 days of this debacle, I've been communicating with the seller via eBay messages.  Due to the time zone differences, the seller is starting their day when I am ending mine.   So communication is dawn out and delayed.   The seller told me he called PayPal and they already refunded me.  I checked the PayPal case and in the notes it stated they seller has issued a refund.  This is the same **bleep** they told eBay … so I called PayPal, and finally after a long wait got to speak to a human.  I explained the whole story and the PayPal rep finally could see the trail of lies and deceit and issued me a full refund.  FINALLY.  7 long days.  So I've learned never to use PayPal for eBay purchases, since eBay would have resolved this sooner (assuming) and I wouldn't have to deal with multiple companies.  I am not sure I can list the seller, if I can please let me know.  I've reported his ad for being counterfeit, but my question is.... what about those who bought the other 30 or so batteries???  Now when I find an items on eBay, I check the sellers location, all their feedback and message them to ensure its all real. I ask for an actual picture also.  I also decided to use the other largest online vendor more often, because of their return policy is far far more superior. 

2021-02-24 09_08_46-Window.png

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Received counterfeit Milwaukee batteries, and my experience in getting a refund.

The case to start with would not be a "return", but a "not as described", where the seller can not make excuses.  The shortest route is the Resolution Center at the bottom of most pages:

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

At this point, I would recommend that you contact Milwaukee to verify the items are counterfeit and to give them a starting point for pursuing the issue. They can go after the eBay seller and the warehouse from which your items shipped, and can get customs officials involved.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I reached out to Milwaukee, they didn’t seem to care about pursuing the seller.  They just verified they were counterfeit which was blatantly obvious to me.   

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Even though the listing has ended, use the "report" option in the listing to report the counterfeits.  Based on the short selling sprint,  I suspect the seller unloaded a whole truckload of various Chinese counterfeits, not just the counterfeits you purchased. 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Oh I did that right away, yet the ad was still up and I saw the items sold count drop by 2.  However I did notice the sellers store was empty.  My concern is shouldn't eBay alert the other buyers too?  I think the original count was 45 items total. I got 3 of them but for all the others who got them.. they are oblivious that they are fake.  I mean the labels are passable to the unsuspecting buyers.    The more we shut this activity down the less it will happen.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply