cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS feed support gone for good?

As a buyer I'm very upset that ebay has apparently killed off RSS feed support.

I contacted ebay technical support, but they didn't know if it was a bug or if the feature was disabled.

Does anyone know if RSS feeds are coming back or gone for good?

I know there is "saved searches" but when you're dealing with over 90 searches (like me) doing that is untenable.

If RSS isn't reimplemented I'll definitely buy less items on ebay.

I just don't have the time, plain and simple.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: RSS feed support gone for good?

Any news in this topic? Is there anyone on the eBay side that can confirm whether it's a bug or it was disabled ?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@cresco007,

How you can enable RSS feeds may depend on your operating system. If you have switched to edge you may have to get an RSS reader add on.

1. Visit the Microsoft Edge Add-on store: https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/Microsoft-Edge-Extensions-Home. ...
  2. Search for “rss feed reader”: ...
  3. Click “Get” Next to “Feeder – RSS Feed Reader”, then Confirm by clicking “Add Extension  For Windows 11 the extension is the same one used for 10, but it too may have to be added.

For phone operating systems you will probably have to look up How to get RSS feeds for the specific O.S..

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Please Bring back RSS feed support! I  use this every day, and almost everything I've bought on eBay over the years is due to this feature.  

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

While it could be a bug, the fact that the server response to search query with the "_rss=1" query parameter redirects to the same URL minus the search parameter while not doing so for other arbitrary query parameters, suggests this might be intentional.

That would really be a shame, I wouldn't be able to do 90% of my ebay shopping through out the last 10+ years if it wasn't for the search feed.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Same 99% of my purchases were through RSS.  BRING IT BACK!

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I was wondering what the problem was. I'm also going to spend a lot less with this gone

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I am not an RSS feed user, but there is a recent post indicating that by modifying a broken feed URL slightly, nonworking feed links may be made to apparently work again:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/RSS-is-no-longer-available/m-p/32849898/hi...

If that works, be sure to follow up so others can hear about it.

Credit goes to jeffcarlyle for the possible workaround -- give him a helpful "thumbs up" at that link.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Thanks eburtonlab!

Alright that works!

But, I'm worried it might not work for long though.

Because at this point it seems like RSS was intentionally killed of by ebay for desktop users, otherwise they would have fixed it by now.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I've been using a 3rd party service to from my RSS feed push notifications to my Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and FB followers now for 6 yrs, last 2 emails I get from them weekly letting me know how I do state there were ZERO posts, meaning the 5-10 items I list a day everyday weren't going to my followers, I just blamed the economy for slow eBay.  I spent 45 min and finally hung up as I originally found where people who had upgraded their stores to the new format were the 1st to notice RSS breaking, so I had eBay call me back as there is no even though their are dozens of FAQs on reverting back to your old store, but no button, no link to Store Designer anymore, stuck.

I did then start building from the advanced search the link adding the &_rss=1 to the end and removing fluff from the code till I was able to for my storename pull the latest listings into a Chrome RSS reader extension to verify it works.  I'd hung up on the stupid eBay hold music and was back in business pushing 10 listings every 10 minutes back to my followers across 4 platforms.  eBay called me back and I told them I got it working, explained that there were hundreds of google links to **bleep** off sellers and buyers for changing without in their Spring 2022 update letting anyone know, they were going to email when the tech guys fix the known bug, I told them if they message me know I'll give them my code to RSS search by username or by item with the system broken if they pay for my next months store subscription....He said I could file a complaint, I asked him, you said you had several hundred sellers with the same issue on hold waiting to talk to someone while I was on the phone...I'd just as it's working start listing and beat out the competition.

Anyways anyone sellers interested, https://www.ebay.com/dsc/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=SELLERNAME&_sop=10&_rss=1&rt=nc

replace seller name and that will pull a specific seller or yourself to create an RSS feed 

Any buyers, https://www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?_nkw=TABLETS&_rss=1&rt=nc

if say you want updates on new tablets, anything else change TABLETS to playing_cards or iphones or fidget_toys.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

This doesn't seem to be working anymore. Nor is jeffcarlyle's workaround. Is RSS truly gone for good with no communication from ebay? Are there any good 3rd party services for ebay alerts?

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

No longer working even with new workaround

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

It appears that searches that begin with ebay.com/dsc are no longer working the way that they have in the past. Not sure if this is something eBay has changed on purpose or just an unwanted side effect of another change. In a possibly related development, many old saved searches and Advanced Search page features have stopped working.

Searches that begin with ebay.com/sch are still working, but apparently those are not compatible with RSS feeds.

It may be possible to use a similar /dsc/ search on another non- ebay.com site such as ebay.ca or ebay.com.au in order to keep using the RSS feed, though the prices may be shown in a different currency.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

In case you're using Newsboat as an RSS reader, I wrote a filter that translates html search results to RSS: https://github.com/almog/newsboat-ebay2rss-filter

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Lol. I'm honestly surprised that RSS was still working on Ebay. I love that there's still people on it.

Although, I hate to say it, but you guy are a dying breed. I;m pro RSS, but I don't see any future for it.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply