cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal works everywhere except Ebay

I just wanted to report that PayPal works everywhere for me except Ebay. I bought delivery last night with PayPal. I bought groceries this morning with PayPal. But whenever I try to use PayPal with Ebay, the popup just spins and spins without anything happening. I have tried different computers/laptops and different Ebay accounts and PayPal accounts from other members of my family. I have cleared the cache, and I have tried Firefire, Chrome, and Edge. Judging from the number of results I received when I searched for "Paypal doesn't work on Ebay", I am hesitant to believe the fault is on my end - especially considering PayPal is working everywhere else except Ebay. This is a problem.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I used PayPal for an eBay purchase just an hour ago, using Safari on my MacBook, and there were no complications. I clicked on "Buy it now" rather than on "Add to cart," but I don't see how that could  make any difference.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I tried to pay at another auction site and PayPal is down. Checked the down detector site and it seems that they have been having problems this afternoon/evening. 

Ninja_bandana
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

No, it's not  a problem.

PayPal demanded X% from eBay, eBay got a better offer from someone else and did not accept PayPal's offer.    Simple business deal, now we don't use PayPal, we use someone else.  Nothing crazy or suspect about it.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I"m having problems too.  I tried to make a purchase earlier, got as far as typing my PPal password in and it told me something went wrong, try again.   I've tried several times since to re-attempt the purchase and I cannot see any evidence now that I have a paypal account, nor that any seller on ebay will take a paypal payment.  I'm hoping it's a glitch... I can wait a day or two...  but I see no notifications from ebay that they've discontinued paypal entirely.  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Problem here too. Tried checking out on a PC and the app and Paypal isn't even offered as an option.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

No, it's not  a problem.

PayPal demanded X% from eBay, eBay got a better offer from someone else and did not accept PayPal's offer.    Simple business deal, now we don't use PayPal, we use someone else.  Nothing crazy or suspect about it.

This only applies to sellers. Paypal is still an accepted payment method for buyers. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I tried to pay my shipping label with Paypal as a seller.  So that means I can't now correct?     I get the error message that something is wrong after I log into Paypal through eBay.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Kathiec...I think you're correct.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@cardsforauction wrote:

I tried to pay my shipping label with Paypal as a seller.  So that means I can't now correct?     I get the error message that something is wrong after I log into Paypal through eBay.

No, the previous poster was incorrect. If you're already on Managed Payments nothing should have changed. You should still be able to purchase a shipping label with Paypal, and nothing has changed with Paypal as an accepted payment method. I know that doesn't solve your current issues, but hopefully takes some of the confusion away.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The problem today was between the Ebay / PayPal link.  The problem has now been resolved, so everything should be functioning normally for you.  Including the PP icon on listings.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 11
latest reply