cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New saved searches Page stinks

Did anyone else get the New Saved Search Page .Instead of being able to stroll down to get to the search I want,now I have to close my bookmarks or half of them are cut off.

I hate the pics/searches going across the page like that and telling me its a better experience for me.

I haven't seen a better experience on here buying or selling for years.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

You'll get used to it. 

It's for the greater good.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

For one alternative way to reach your saved searches, go to your feed page and click on the number of saved searches at the top. That should reveal a drop down text list in four columns of your saved searches.

https://www.ebay.com/feed

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

It is still horrible. One of the worst pages any ebay hacker progammer has given to date.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Agreed, it's the dog's breakfast, of useless information that is not needed..!

I know what it looks like, the item I am searching for, I do not need a picture of it.

What I want is a simple to use, list of what my searches are, just like it was just a few days back, this one today is utterly useless.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID rules needs to be applied here, all the "engineers" coming up with these moronic changes to prove that their jobs are required, are just pointless efforts to justify wasting more of my time having to endlessly click thru pages to find information that used to be readily available on the first f-page.

For the love of all that is holy, STOP! with these changes, it doesn't need to look "good", it needs to function in the quickest amount of time, as to not waste my time.

What ever idiot approved this needs to be thrown out the door!

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Doesn't work, bring one to that horrible new page..

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Doesn't work, bring one to that horrible new page..

What does not work for you? Your feed page? Or the drop-down?

When I click on the number of Searches shown at the top of the Feed page, I see a four column text list of all my saved searches, each linked to the actual search.

eburtonlab_0-1645106685967.png

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Yup, I agree. Much more difficult to scroll through. Can't go to a specific search quickly. Why put big pictures up there? There was nothing wrong with the way it was. I'm sure users who don't have many saved searches don't mind but when you have 30 - 50 and constantly use it, it's more of a pain and I'll bet it will have a negative effect.  We want to find what we're looking for quickly, not spend extra time trying to figure out where a specific search is. I use the saved searches every day but today, not interested. This was a boneheaded change!

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Another possible workaround here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/my-saved-searches-list-has-changed/m-p/32712254/highlight...

Using a custom ad blocker filter rule or two, it is possible to suppress the large images on the new Saved Searches page and reduce the page to a multi-column text list of links.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

While there may be a work around to minimize the effect of the changes for someone more computer literate than I,the point is its not better and they shouldn't be making changes that make the site harder to search and doesn't benefit buyers or sellers.

It's like Ebay wants to Pi*s off their Buyers & sellers on purpose with every change they make.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

The whole point of a workaround is that it is an alternative to struggling with the flawed page that does not meet your needs.

Pointing out the existence of a workaround is not an attack on your criticism of the new page.

You can still complain about the new page, and still lobby eBay to change it back, while at the same time avoiding having to deal with the new page by going to the feed page to access your saved searches, for instance.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

It's dreadful, for all the reasons given here and elsewhere.

* Pictures way too big

* Pictures don't reflect search criteria (e.g picture is of an item from a seller in Japan, search is UK only)

* Doesn't remember that I want to sort by name. (why would anyone want to sort searches by date anyway?)

Sucks, please make it usable again.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

why would anyone want to sort searches by date anyway?

Searching by date makes it easy to find the most recent saved searches.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Intriguing idea, a bit sad that we'd have to do this on every device and every browser where we use the 'Bay. Any idea if/how this could be applied to the "uBlock Origin" ad-blocker?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Try the adding the following rules to your filters for uBlock Origin:

www.ebay.com##[href^="http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html"] > .saved-ebay-image
www.ebay.com##.search-item__bg-image.js-only.search-image-js.search-image
Message 15 of 18
latest reply