cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Look of My Saved Searches Pages

I just woke up to find ebay's latest monkeying around. I absolutely hate the new look of the My Favorite Search page! Not only the look, but also the the two options of Date Added or By Name option. Apparently, they want you to only use Date Added. I prefer the orderly By Name that is in alphabetical order, but everytime I would look at an entry it would change back to Date Added. Leave Things Alone!  If it ain't broke .... don't mess with it!

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/New-saved-searches-Page-stinks/td-p/32709353

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 35
latest reply

AMEN  this really sucks. They did this to Saved Sellers a while back and it was so irritating I quit using that search.  If searching becomes a pain in the a-- I do not search and I do not buy.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Agreed, it's the dog's breakfast, of useless information that is not needed..!

I know what it looks like, the item I am searching for, I do not need a picture of it.

What I want is a simple to use, list of what my searches are, just like it was just a few days back, this one today is utterly useless.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID rules needs to be applied here, all the "engineers" coming up with these moronic changes to prove that their jobs are required, are just pointless efforts to justify wasting more of my time having to endlessly click thru pages to find information that used to be readily available on the first f-page.

For the love of all that is holy, STOP! with these changes, it doesn't need to look "good", it needs to function in the quickest amount of time, as to not waste my time.

What ever idiot approved this needs to be thrown out the door!

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

This totally sucks!  I've got items currently listed that a lot of people won't be able to find because their saved searches have been rendered almost useless by this stupid implementation.  I hate to pull the plug on my bidders, but I'm not going to take a financial hit over this crap.  What a joke.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Agree with all of you. HATE it. I have over 50 saved searches but typically only check a few of them regularly. When I run out of something or want another of an item I've purchased before, I'll start checking it again.

The new format makes for way too much scrolling. I just want to glance down the list and find what I want to search quickly. The thumbnail pic helps to identify them, but I wouldn't mind if that pic was the most recently listed item so I could see when something new had been added (maybe it's supposed to be that way, but my experience indicates otherwise).

Another improvement would be to make the link to the search the title of the search or the picture on the left rather than having to shift focus to the right and find the words "view items." A small effort, but seconds count when you've got a lot to do online. Still, I'd take it back the way it was over what it is now.

I filled out the survey at the "tell us what you think" link above my user name on that page. I suggest everyone do so.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Agree with everyone else.  eBay needs to hire Human Factors engineers to evaluate design changes.  Who in their right mind would make a change that requires a user to do MORE work to get to the information they need?   And what's with those annoying big pictures, it's adults who are using the system.  If your visually impaired, you can make the screen adjustments on your own system.   Most all their changes in navigation and display make the system worse; if their goal is to drive users away, they are succeeding!  

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

It's freaking horrible! ANYONE know how to retrieve the old page? Every time they change something it's always for the worst, it's NEVER new and improved. It's kinda like their computer geniuses are creating a virus only to irritate us. Since they stopped using Paypal to handle my sales I deleted all my items and haven't sold anything since, I guess now they want to stop us from buying. ANYONE know how to retrieve the old page?

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

And if you click on the link to give your opinion, none of the questions even relate to the changes made. I don't need big pictures, just need to see the saved links in a nice row. I was thinking about people that populate their saved list with more than I do. When I open the page, I see the whole picture of the top 3 and the top half of the next row. My monitor is 24" diagonally.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

"And if you click on the link to give your opinion, none of the questions even relate to the changes made. "

Use the blank space at the bottom to air grievances. You might be even be able to submit the form without filling out the other parts. If not, rate it low and hopefully that will get their attention.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

It's dreadful, for all the reasons given here and elsewhere.

* Pictures way too big

* Pictures don't reflect search criteria (e.g picture is of an item from a seller in Korea, search is Europe only)

* Doesn't remember that I want to sort by name. (why would anyone want to sort searches by date anyway?)

Sucks, please make it usable again.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

+1 all of the above. Whatever happened to the idea of providing the CHOICE of a new or "classic" interface? Go ahead, let those who like the new look use it, that's their choice. But meanwhile, leave us OUR choice.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

BTW, had to thumb up your comment, for one of the best and most underused expressions known to English-speaking man -- "the dog's breakfast". Perfect description for this.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

I'm not listing anything else on eBay until this situation is resolved.  I have fifty-one saved searches and navigating through these is a painful task compared to before.  As suggested by another member, I've started to use ebay.com/feed to use my saved searches, which is helpful.  But, even then, the search criteria is truncated and, in some cases, I can't tell what's what.  Why this horrible "new look" has been allowed to go on for a week is beyond me.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Yes, I remember when the "view items" link was moved to the right-hand side of the saved searches column.  How dumb and inconvenient was that?  Right now, I'd gladly welcome back that awkward setup.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply