cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW SEARCH LOAD BAR EBAY CHANGES SEARCH BY PAGE

Ebay made another horrible choice today by allowing someone in site management to change the way you are allowed to search by page. They now have a load more option which not only makes it harder to navigate forward and back but it also makes the search experience much slower by causing the computer or device to lag from too much information on one page. I have rated this experience and option very poorly and hope that others do the same. At least allow buyers to have the option to choose from the load more option or the old site layout of searching by page. I cant understand why anyone would want to change EBays site around after it has been the same since EBay was pretty much created. Some things are just better off left alone. EBay has constantly thought they needed to improve on their buyers/sellers experience on EBay when in fact they had it right a long time ago. EBay is merely wasting time and money paying people to ruin the way their site runs. Change it back and leave it be.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I agree!!!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@theartofcollecting,

I am having trouble understanding what you are seeing, on the Search By page. It might help if you tell us whether you are using the App or are logged in the classic way on a computer.

If you are using eBay's shop by category page to do searches. Why not just type in your search request using the standard Search box at the top of most ebay pages, and selecting a category?  

A screen shot of what you are seeing may help as well.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@mudshark61369 - in both FireFox and Chrome today I'm seeing that instead of the usual line of numbers at the bottom to navigate to the next page of search results, there's  a "load more" button that when you click it just basically adds the next 60 results so everything is a continuous scroll on one page.

seemoresearch1.jpg

seemoresearch2.jpg

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@valueaddedresource,

Before replying to the OP I did a couple of searches using both the standard search box and the by category page. I use Firefox w/ Windows 10 not chrome/chromium, and the search results pages had the page numbers on them at the bottom.

Maybe this is a test only being done to a certain group of buyers or chrome users. Who knows? 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@valueaddedresource,

Before replying to the OP I did a couple of searches using both the standard search box and the by category page. I use Firefox w/ Windows 10 not chrome/chromium, and the search results pages had the page numbers on them at the bottom.

Maybe this is a test only being done to a certain group of buyers or chrome users. Who knows? 

@mudshark61369 it definitely could be a test. What do you see if you use incognito or private browsing?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I too agree! Get rid of the "load more", put the number system back and leave the site alone!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hate this change. Bring back pages.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

eBay is likely rolling out changes in stages. Pages that lacked page numbers yesterday now appear to have page numbers for me.

If you do not see page numbers in your search results, try clearing your browser cache and manually erasing just your eBay cookies. That should ensure you see the latest version of the page format with minimal conflicts with past history or data.

Some discussion of this issue along with possible workarounds can be found here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/can-t-go-to-next-page-of-seller-s-listings...

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Agree . Hate the “load more” idea. Can not access “ my eBay” without scrolling up and up and up.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply