cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you're corresponding back-and-forth there was always a picture of the item you were referring to and you could touch it and go to that item and get information on it as you were communicating. Now it seems to be gone and it leaves you in the dark when somebody returns your message you're not sure what they're referring they're referring to why would eBay take this off makes no sense

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Messages

I'm guessing you are using the app?  No problem the desktop version.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@zip-a-deedoodah wrote:

I'm guessing you are using the app?  No problem the desktop version.

@zip-a-deedoodah 

@goodfriend722 

Nope, it's not an app issue, it's on the PC platform.  Started a few days ago & is making me INSANE.  4 ASQs this AM & no photos to easily tell me what item is being discussed.  Then, to make it worse, I decide to go into My Messages to answer, despite the ongoing 'the question you're trying to answer is over 90 days old' glitch & no pics there anymore either, when I don't get the 90 day error message.   

And technically, there is a photo, but it's been made about an inch wide x 6" long, so it's just a non-identifiable mess.   It's yet another glitch, I'm hoping it gets fixed in a few days.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you   I just got an email notice with a question about one of my listings, email had no images to indicate what it was about.  Clicked the link to reply, and yes there was a photo of the main pic of my listing, but it was completely distorted.  So yeah I’ll raise my hand and say there a gremlin in eBay’s data warehouse.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@goodfriend722   Check your Inbox and find the members' IDs and see if the title states the item the message was in reference to ... just checking to see if that part works ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I am experiencing the same issue and I use a  desktop with Edge.  Very inconvenient and time consuming to respond to a message.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

This is a real glitch for the last few days, several of us are experiencing it & at least 1 of us (me) is an IT person, so I know it's a real glitch.  To answer your question, in My Messages, the titles only have item #'s, no pics at all, starting around 3/9.   They read 'Mrlincoln has sent a question about item number 1234...'

I already deleted them in my emails, but I think there they have the item #, but if you hover, the description past that.    Then when you click reply in either My Messages or in email, you get this horribly distorted photo of the item.   I think it started with the last update around Wed night/Thurs.  

jasmen@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

Is the appropriate team aware of this?  Their changes have really messed up ASQ's & it's making it very hard to answer questions, esp when you wake up to 4-5 ASQ's & can't easily tell what any of them are about.   (Though of course 3 out 4 are begging offers on items that don't have BO) /s. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

This is a real glitch for the last few days, several of us are experiencing it & at least 1 of us (me) is an IT person, so I know it's a real glitch.  To answer your question, in My Messages, the titles only have item #'s, no pics at all, starting around 3/9.   They read 'Mrlincoln has sent a question about item number 1234...'

I already deleted them in my emails, but I think there they have the item #, but if you hover, the description past that.    Then when you click reply in either My Messages or in email, you get this horribly distorted photo of the item.   I think it started with the last update around Wed night/Thurs.  

jasmen@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

Is the appropriate team aware of this?  Their changes have really messed up ASQ's & it's making it very hard to answer questions, esp when you wake up to 4-5 ASQ's & can't easily tell what any of them are about.   (Though of course 3 out 4 are begging offers on items that don't have BO) /s. 

@simply-the-best-for-you   Do you mean a horribly distorted image like pictured below?  I've been seeing this for most of the week but have simply been replying to the questions asked ...glad you and others are reporting  it ...

Mr. L

Screenshot (3357).png

Regards,
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Yup.  Thanks for posting a pic of it.   

For Ebay:  The photo is not coming in the messages at all (neither in My Messages or in email), but the distorted image shows up when you hit reply in either place.  Assuming you're not getting the 'older than 90 day' glitch, on brand new questions. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

esp when you wake up to 4-5 ASQ's & can't easily tell what any of them are about. 

(Though of course 3 out 4 [ASQs] are begging offers on items that don't have BO) /s. 

They may not have thought to beg? ... just had a question to ASQ.

4adshfphdsohfpohsdohfpoidhspfia4.jpg

But eBay actually enables/entices buyers to make an offer, even if you don't have a bad case of BO.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@azaz_8302 

I'm well aware of that.  WELL, AWARE.  To the tune of 3-4 "offers" day 😑   I sure miss the days when it was against Ebay policy to do so.   So does every seller I know.   If a seller doesn't have BO, that means they don't want offers.   I hate that Ebay changed their position on this.  

Sorry to tell you, but if there is no BO & I get a whining ASQ about why I should sell them something cheaper than my price (generally b/c they can't afford it), that's begging.  Yes, I actually have people write me & tell me that if I lowered my price, they could afford it LOL, in addition to all the sob stories about being a senior citizen, having cancer, limited income, etc.  They never stop to think that their seller may be a senior citizen, have cancer & that 99% of us live on a limited income. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @simply-the-best-for-you I'll make sure to get this in the right hands ASAP! Can you check to see if it's the same in multiple browsers or just one? Keep us posted, thanks! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Yup.  Thanks for posting a pic of it.   

For Ebay:  The photo is not coming in the messages at all (neither in My Messages or in email), but the distorted image shows up when you hit reply in either place.  Assuming you're not getting the 'older than 90 day' glitch, on brand new questions. 

Well @simply-the-best-for-you  ... I'm sure they will fix this glitch ... Sadly, the list is long?

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I’m experiencing the same thing. I wrote a thread about it. Experience on the app, using my phone browser and even when I’m using a phone browser and have switched to “request desktop website.”

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Hi Jasmen, it was doing that to me this weekend, but now its fine.  I'm a desktop safari user.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply