cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaningful Beauty scam—what to do next

I bought a kit of MB skincare from a seller. When I received it, it came from MB with a bogus email address and a credit card number for the charges that isn’t mine. The seller had deleted the account and removed the listing. I called eBay immediately and got a refund. However, I still have the product with no address to ship it back to except MB itself. I called eBay again, and I was told that the seller had unexpectedly sent the refund without sending me a return label. Do I just send it back to the company? 

Now I’m terrified to buy another skincare kit on eBay out of fear that all sellers are scammers. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

With thirty million sellers on Ebay, you are bound to run into some scammers. Just as sellers run into scam buyers here. The seller didnt remove his account, Ebay did.No seller can remove their account immediately, takes about six months before Ebay will close his account,in case there are some buyer complaints.While you are not required to send back the kit to the company, it would probably be the right thing to do.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Always do the right thing, because you do need to be comfortable living with yourself.    wine_glass

Message 3 of 3
latest reply