cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making an offer sure is suspensful.

I hadn't made an offer for a while but this cracked me up. Is it new?

Best offer Ebay.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Interesting!  A bit on the dramatic side for me.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Ha! I haven't seen that, but I like the passive-aggressive use of a period instead of an exclamation mark after 'suspenseful'.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@chevy_327 

Oh brother. 🙄

How immature, not very professional.

And telling the buyer they have 4 days to make the payment is asking for trouble. If they pass that 96 hours, the buyer could face an unpaid item strike.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Oh. My. Word. 😞

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

OMG!  LOL!!!

This HAS to be new.  I made an offer that was accepted a few weeks back and it was still the standard "we have let the seller know of your offer" or something of that sort, not that I pay too much attention to this sort of thing but y-e-a-h...I would have noticed this train wreck change for sure.

Is this a younger generation thing?  It is as @*lady*madonna* said, very immature. 

In some ways it seems that eBay has become a bit too informal in their correspondences.  For instance the "hey **my name** you got..." some sort of something whether it was an eBay bucks certificate or some other thing...I mean really???  HEY???  Is this how we conduct business?  Hey?  Does hey boss work for ya...???

...just sayin...🙄

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@*lady*madonna* wrote:

@chevy_327 

Oh brother. 🙄

And telling the buyer they have 4 days to make the payment is asking for trouble. If they pass that 96 hours, the buyer could face an unpaid item strike.

Actually, I find the "give the seller a day" part interesting since I thought that offers could remain valid for up to 48 hours.  Of course, unless I'm mistaken, this is a message being sent by eBay when someone makes an offer.  I'm not sure why I would be surprised by such wording by eBay's wizards of the nonsensical.  I wonder if it was suggested by a Sri Lankan member that is wondering why they can't use their debit card? 😉

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@*lady*madonna* 

Agreed. The "4 day" part is unnecessary, but since they did add it, they could have put "or else" on the end.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@7606dennis wrote:

@*lady*madonna* wrote:

@chevy_327 

Oh brother. 🙄

Actually, I find the "give the seller a day" part interesting since I thought that offers could remain valid for up to 48 hours.  Of course, unless I'm mistaken, this is a message being sent by eBay when someone makes an offer.  I'm not sure why I would be surprised by such wording by eBay's wizards of the nonsensical.  I wonder if it was suggested by a Sri Lankan member that is wondering why they can't use their debit card? 😉

Buyers have an option of when an offer can expire.  I remember the options being  12 hours, a day, or two days. 

But I do agree with your post overall.

😁

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@chevy_327 wrote:

@*lady*madonna* 

Agreed. The "4 day" part is unnecessary, but since they did add it, they could have put "or else" on the end.

Perhaps they had been taking lessons from the police computer in the "Demolition Man" movie. 😉

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Not any more. In the new interface there is no longer an option to select any duration; offers are now 24 hours.  Period.

This is incredibly STUPID by eBay. It was already difficult enough when making offers on Fridays or Saturdays to bigger sellers that only keep standard business hours so weekend offers expire before they can even respond to them.

Doesn't surprise me. As with everything else on this God forsaken platform, everything eBay does is half-planned... or not thought through at all. Complete morons.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for pointing that out.  Sure enough, the offer confirmation page specifies that the seller has 24 hours to respond.

IMHO, telling the bidder/buyer that they have 4 days to pay COULD backfire, but it also serves as a way to remind them that an accepted offer is a Sold item, in case they didn't read the tiny notice on the offer confirmation window. Once in a while on these boards we get questions about whether accepted offers are binding. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 8.08.30 AM.png

Message 12 of 12
latest reply