cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Offer with Auto-Pay upon acceptance seems to be BROKEN

Make Offer with Auto-Pay upon acceptance seems to be BROKEN!

When I try to make an offer, I can enter the amount; but then after clicking review offer it comes back with "We Looked Everywhere. Looks like this page is missing."

This has been happening for the last 5 hours. I've tried it on multiple items, on multiple computer and on multiple browsers.

My account was tag as one of the accounts that is inflicted with the new functionality of AUTO-PAY if the offer is accepted. So when I click review offer, the logic is different than the regular Make Offer code.

I called eBay customer support and their reply was lackluster. I'll send a ticket but unless we get more calls . . . . yada yada.

If your account has been forced into the Auto-Pay if Offer is accepted, can you make a few offer attempts and see if yours works. You don't have to complete the offer, just see if you get the "We Looked Everywhere. Looks like this page is missing." after clicking review offer.

Also, please reply to this thread with your findings. TO BE CLEAR: the regular make offer, is working, it is only the Auto-Pay if accepted that seems to be broken. Please don't clutter the replies if your account is using the regular make offer.

I have over 2,500 items on eBay, all with Make Offer options. If customer aren't able to make offers, I am loosing sales.

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE EBAY ROLLED OUT THIS NEW FUNCTION DURING THE PEAK HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON!

Thanks and I Hope You're Having A Fantastic Holiday Season!
Sincerely,
Bruce "ImaPaqRat" Fisher
Remember: People don't stop playing because they grow old; they grow old because they stop playing! So, NEVER STOP PLAYING!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Make Offer with Auto-Pay upon acceptance seems to be BROKEN

@pburn & all, yes there was a temporary system error for a short time. The issue has been resolved now. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@imapaqrat wrote:

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE EBAY ROLLED OUT THIS NEW FUNCTION DURING THE PEAK HOLIDAY SHOPPING SEASON!

Sellers have been begging eBay for this functionality for years, and this board is filled with "my buyer did not pay" messages. So I can see why they did it. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This isn't a discussion about if the feature is a good one or not; it is about the function being BROKEN during the Holiday Shopping season.

Is your account on the new Auto-Pay Offer function?  If so can you try to make an offer and see if it is working.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@imapaqrat wrote:

This isn't a discussion about if the feature is a good one or not; it is about the function being BROKEN during the Holiday Shopping season.

You "shouted" a statement about why eBay rolled this out during the holidays season. I responded to that. 

Thankfully, this is America and you don't get to dictate what people post here. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

sandhya@ebay 

Are you aware of any current issues with the auto-pay for offers testing? 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I just got a message from someone that they couldn't make offers on my items because of this. I looked into editing the item but didn't see any sort of option about auto paying with offers. Is this a per listing option or is it an account wide option I have to change? Or is it on the buyers side? How did you change yours?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

No options for now.  This is something eBay introduced late October.  I'm not sure how they picked with eBay users would be inflicted with the Auto-Pay if Offer Accepted.  I have 2 accounts.  One is inflicted, the other isn't. 

As a seller, I wish there was on Opt Out option at the Seller level.

I've NEVER required immediate payments on any of my listing, but buyers inflicted with the Auto-Pay on offers, are forced to auto-pay; even though I don't require it as a seller.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Making Best Offer still broken with "page not found"

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@pburn & all, yes there was a temporary system error for a short time. The issue has been resolved now. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thanks so much, sandhya@ebay, for responding!

@imapaqrat 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thank you.  My account can once again make offers.  Plus there is a eBay Buck special running.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply