cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY COW? is this what buyers are running into??????????

I really don't know where to start? It was SO SO BAD? I'll try... I don't even know if I could explain it.? It was so messed up, it was a buying blurb? Ok bear with me? I set out to buy some dog toys for xmas? every one who has pets knows what I'm talking about? I went to one of my favorite sellers( like I did last year??} the first thing that popped up was this window? sorry it said.  bla bla bla... Like this page could not be found. well I was a die hard and I forged on. It got worse? I added the items to my cart... another issue? well eventually I did it? I bought the toys for the dogs, but I never want to go thru it again. I can NOT express how bad it WAS.... and if any of you are wondering why you have no sales? I think I know WHY? it's something new in the last week. I've been selling and shopping on her 20 years and I am fed Up and just about done. good luck to all, your gonna need it! by the way I emailed the seller and told him what was going on too!  I'm done with both these two big e sites. this place and the slippery craft site  is TOAST, if other buyers are running into this garbage!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

@grasshopperx wrote:

I really don't know where to start? It was SO SO BAD? I'll try... I don't even know if I could explain it.? It was so messed up, it was a buying blurb? Ok bear with me? I set out to buy some dog toys for xmas? every one who has pets knows what I'm talking about? I went to one of my favorite sellers( like I did last year??} the first thing that popped up was this window? sorry it said.  bla bla bla... Like this page could not be found. well I was a die hard and I forged on. It got worse? I added the items to my cart... another issue? well eventually I did it? I bought the toys for the dogs, but I never want to go thru it again. I can NOT express how bad it WAS.... and if any of you are wondering why you have no sales? I think I know WHY? it's something new in the last week. I've been selling and shopping on her 20 years and I am fed Up and just about done. good luck to all, your gonna need it! by the way I emailed the seller and told him what was going on too!  I'm done with both these two big e sites. this place and the slippery craft site  is TOAST, if other buyers are running into this garbage!

They are running into it, sad to say. The other night I made a purchase and eBay suddenly added five or six clicks to checkout- I had to sign IN to PayPal- which I haven't had to do in forever, then I had to play whack a mole to figure out how to get to choosing the payment source I wanted to use.

It was crazy. It was like the 1990s on steroids.

I am still getting this intermittently... and no, I haven't changed ANY preferences. It's eBay.

I'm sure this new nonsense will be implemented 100% about a week before Thanksgiving. This company continues to proudly not have a freaking clue.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Thanks for this birds eye view of what buyers are going through.
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Trying to buy things this past week has been like nothing I've ever seen. I wanted to buy my daughter a pair of lounge socks for $12. Put them in the cart with a few other things for her. Went to check out and got a vague red warning that item specifics had changed?? Then I couldn't buy all the items at once because it had to be done in two separate orders?

Took everything out of the cart and put only the socks back in. After a few minutes of wrangling I got it paid for with my PP acct. Everything looked good. Went to look at purchase in my ebay history and there is an hourglass on my payment. WHY??? It took longer to process it even though money was there. It was gone in an hour but I was still freaking out about a payment hold on a $12 item.

I even emailed the seller and said if there was a problem with my payment to please contact me. I told her I was getting all kinds of strange warning/error messages and I wasn't sure what was going on. But payment did go through and the daughter now has the socks.  Point is, 2 other items I would have bought her I let go because of the hassle. How many other buyers would have kept up the fight to buy a pair of socks? Is this our new normal?

=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

The same thing happened to me when I purchased items from a regular seller. The problem is that she now uses Managed Payments and ebay wanted me to give them my credit card number for their system and use them to process the payment, but I bypassed it to go to paypal to pay the regular way.
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I sure hope not @aramintaca. Plus the 'use Pay Pal balance' is hidden now and requires an extra 2 steps to find it. Many buyers are finding their purchases are going against their bank account, not their PayPal balances.

I wish I understood their thought processes on all these bungled changes, I don't get it. I also can't find what I want to buy nearly as easily as I could before, in what way is this a benefit to buyers? I'm not a child, I don't need eBay showing me 5 menu choices so I chose, eat and leave quickly. I want the adult menu back!
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@ifyouloveit wrote:
I sure hope not @aramintaca. Plus the 'use Pay Pal balance' is hidden now and requires an extra 2 steps to find it. Many buyers are finding their purchases are going against their bank account, not their PayPal balances.

I just made a purchase and my PayPal balance was the very first option at the top.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@aramintaca wrote:

Trying to buy things this past week has been like nothing I've ever seen. I wanted to buy my daughter a pair of lounge socks for $12. Put them in the cart with a few other things for her. Went to check out and got a vague red warning that item specifics had changed?? Then I couldn't buy all the items at once because it had to be done in two separate orders?

Took everything out of the cart and put only the socks back in. After a few minutes of wrangling I got it paid for with my PP acct. Everything looked good. Went to look at purchase in my ebay history and there is an hourglass on my payment. WHY??? It took longer to process it even though money was there. It was gone in an hour but I was still freaking out about a payment hold on a $12 item.

I even emailed the seller and said if there was a problem with my payment to please contact me. I told her I was getting all kinds of strange warning/error messages and I wasn't sure what was going on. But payment did go through and the daughter now has the socks.  Point is, 2 other items I would have bought her I let go because of the hassle. How many other buyers would have kept up the fight to buy a pair of socks? Is this our new normal?

Yeah, I forgot about the 'two separate orders' in the cart nonsense, too- a new "feature", I guess. Only on eBay!

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@ifyouloveit wrote:

I just made a purchase and my PayPal balance was the very first option at the top.

It is for me as well- until suddenly it's not and I have to go on a clickfest.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@gramophone-georg,

Love your siggy;   "Chaos is NOT an "industry standard"."

You seem to have forgotten though that J.D. was a fan of "disruptive innovation"  Which seems to be alive and well in ebay's management culture.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@grasshopperx,

"I went to one of my favorite sellers( like I did last year??} the first thing that popped up was this window? sorry it said. bla bla bla... Like this page could not be found".

eBay did change their user agreement to basically say some sellers or items may not be visible to all. Basically telling us they they might throttle listings. Good on you for not giving up.

"It got worse? I added the items to my cart... another issue?".

The cart has always been glitchy, and if you use the app with Chrome the chances of problems increase exponentially.  If a seller combines, I commit to buy then request combined shipping from the Purchase History.  My Cart is rusting in a parking lot some place. 

I've made several purchases in the past few weeks, and haven't had an issue with paying. I do not use the app, but a computer and Firefox.  I click on Pay Now, select PayPal, and payments go through quickly, though I did get one message 24 hours after I paid for a Best Offer acceptance, 12 hours after it was accepted, saying I needed to pay for an item, even though the ( $ ) had gone bold.  

Frankly, I've started my exit strategy as a seller to be out by the time managed payments fully takes over. Not sure if it will affect my buying yet. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I was kind of hopeful when I heard the ceo left. (naïve on my part, I guess)  But if they don't pull their brains together . The new payment system that's coming? may be the LAST straw for everyone. Buyers and sellers.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

1.jpg

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@ifyouloveit wrote:

I wish I understood their thought processes on all these bungled changes, I don't get it. I also can't find what I want to buy nearly as easily as I could before, in what way is this a benefit to buyers? I'm not a child, I don't need eBay showing me 5 menu choices so I chose, eat and leave quickly. I want the adult menu back!

if the buyer uses paypal (balance or bank) … then ebay and ayden can not charge a credit card transaction use fee (so they lose money they never had but are greedy for...).  hence the reason to hide paypal and make it as difficult as possible to use paypal...

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

AH-HA! Of course 😉
Message 15 of 25
latest reply