cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Bucks ending

Thank you for being a Bucks member, and a valuable part of our eBay community. We’re reaching out to tell you about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks program.

After careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases starting April 1st, 2021.

Even though these rewards are coming to an end, you can still enjoy major savings on unique products and daily deals on the brands you love.

You can also earn extra rewards through the eBay Mastercard®, earning up to 5x points on eBay purchases.‡ Now through March 11th, 2021, open a new eBay Mastercard, spend $250 in the first 30 days and receive a $50 statement credit.* Click here to learn more.

We hope you’ll keep checking back in for all the exciting finds you’ve come to expect on eBay: from the rare to the retro to the right now.

Sincerely,

The eBay Bucks Team

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Ebay Bucks ending

Maybe it's tied in with a big ole April Fool's Day promo. 🙄

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

what do you expect from greedy corps. It was a nice gift back and thank you (though small) for using their platform, so of course it had to go. But then they are scum like all US corps, giving back, or even thanks, to their users is NOT "The American Way".

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

What I read from the message they sent me: "We carefully considered our profits, and decided we're not making enough money off of you: our buyers."  "So that, we're removing the other half of your original 2% reward & making it take 4X as long to get to you"   eBay is just slapping its buyers in the face again, trying to make it sound like a good thing!  Maybe they think we're all fools.  But: "do go ahead and sign up for our **bleep** high interest card!  You've earned this!"  (Even though our stock value has almost doubled recently)  Correct me if I'm wrong... Is that not what the message really means?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

Next thing to go will be the $5 vouchers for late guaranteed deliveries. I'm sure that's on the table

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

Yeah. RIP eBay. It’s already a fools errand trying to sell on the platform anymore with all the fraud and other **bleep**. Now they’re taking away the last OK thing about it. Been a member since 1999 and I’m done. Not only that, I’ll be selling my eBay stock at the market open tomorrow. Good luck eBay brass with your quest to become a **bleep** American Alibaba instead of being frickin eBay. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

Well, after careful consideration, I'm retiring ebay from my go-to shopping venue. But I hope you'll keep checking back in to see how many exciting items I purchase from other places like Fashionphile, The RealReal, Bloomingdales, and more!

Sincerely,

A shopper who spends big bucks

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

By eBay, been a good run since 1999, but you are becoming more useless by the day.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

Well **bleep**. If I had known that I would have shopped elsewhere. After seeing a stack of 00.00. 00.00, 00.00, etc, I wondered. Oh well. All things must come to an end. Including ebay. It was fun. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

Looks like they've adopted the GoldTurd plan of fleecing the Goyim... Oy Vey ! The greedy merchant rubs his hands together gleefully !

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

Interesting --May the first and I have a notice on my accounts one reminding me I have 19c in eBay Bucks and one for $1.15.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

always got a few bucks every quarter buying tractor and car parts from ebay, also one in a while they had a random 5% and even 10%  bucks offers.... and after you spend 4k on a quarter those extra 100s feel very good... but now Im buying from someone else..  a friend called amazon...  was good while it lasted

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

What most of us are getting from that is, "We are now another greedy worthless corporation" who doesn't give a **bleep** about its buyers. You aren't making enough money anymore? Been a member since 1998 and will not consider other venues and doing business directly rather than deal with your new platform. In addition, you let a fraudulent seller off the hook this year and no longer are coordinating with your child, PayPal on invoicing purchases that use to show up on their statements. See ya.....

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

Man, are they seriously trying to ruin this thing? 1) tax on out of state purchases, maybe not ebay's fault, not so sure. 2) severing with Paypal, which was mandatory for years , now sellers must wait to receive funds  3) absolutely destroying the once great Android app now with useless, endless clutter that makes it difficult to do something as basic as see sellers other items. 4) the cherry on the top: Ending Ebay Bucks. No Email to me at least that this was occurring, so Im thinking Ive  got a nice about accrued only to inquire and see its ZERO after  spending hundreds this quarter.  I'm really getting disgusted with greed, but Im more irritated with irrational useless changes just for the sake of it.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Ebay Bucks ending

Ebay is such trash now, every time I interact with it I find more and more reasons never to come back.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply