cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doxing?

I recently purchased something from a Canadian seller who because of the low cost of the item offers free shipping which he then ships using postage stamps, sending basically cheap sd memory cards as a letter with no tracking.  I understand he's taking the risk of item never being delivered as well as not being able to when it doesn't prove that it was delivered.  I'm still waiting on my item.

With that said looking at his feedback 98% positive, however the actual negatives and neutrals against him he always 99% of the time responds with the buyers actual name, city and state, example but changing a few letters to protect the "innocent" Hello Kark Maufmann from Fresno, CA. I am sorry to hear of the issue with the free sd adapter i include as a gift!  In the end I'm just going to have eBay force him to refund me the less than $6.  However that's another issue he's claiming as he has 2 points of failure selling these cheap micro sdcards with sd adapter, he's not giving you a free sd adapter as a gift, it's listed in the listing as part of the listing.  A "gift" would be a random not mentioned in the listing extra so in the above instance the card reader that failed is part of the listing and constitutes a refund should it break or not work upon delivery.  I bought some signed Green Day guitar picks and the sell threw in some Green Day decals as an extra, but not mentioned in the listing. If the picks arrived damaged, open a return, the decals were not part of the listing or mentioned an an actual gift the seller was giving hoping for repeat buyers.   This seller is just an example of what's wrong with eBay, and eBay is not removing feedbacks reponses giving out the buyers names and 1 line away from their home address or restricting him for shipping cheap failing products I'm sure because the #'s he ships of a cheap product.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Doxing?

When I look at your FB received on this ID, I do not see any FB involving anyone's home addresses.

Or maybe I misunderstood your message? 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Doxing?

The OP has purchased from a seller who responds to negs by leaving a comment which includes the buyer's personal info:

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/dabomb18

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Doxing?

@magicguynet,

Since you bought from the seller you can report them. Use the link below.  You would not have to login to ebay Canada to report them, since they also list items on this site.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/working-sellers/report-seller-listing?id=4022

Use the blue report seller button in the link

You will see a list of reasons for reporting one of which is; "They published another member’s contact information".

Next page select seller has violated an ebay policy > Continue

Next Pg. enter the seller's username,

Select Other, then in the text box write.

I was considering leaving the seller a neutral but on looking at the non positive feedback they have received I noticed they post buyer's real names and some location information in feedback replies. That seems to violate the "They published another member’s contact information", policy, and should be made to stop or get the replies removed. I do not want my info published.

That's about all you can do.

In the future when posting on these boards, please, do not use social media speak.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Doxing?

Another crooked christian(check they're responses to neutrals and you'll see), what a surprise.

Wonder if I can find someone in Ottawa who'd be willing to help track this seller down?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Doxing?

@megafo_8472,

Hmmm,   2hrs to the Blue Water Bridge, about 3-4hrs on the 401, another 45 minutes on the 416.  Nah, too far for me.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Doxing?

They need to be reported to eBay and have them look at all the feedback replies to the negatives they received. 

They aren't  supposed to name the buyer and reveal their address even if it's a partial address. eBay masks the buyer's user ID  so they certainly don't  want their real name exposed.  And it's  especially wrong to say I'm sorry you required tracking and didn't  pay for it. 

The seller can't  require you to pay for tracking if you want the package tracked. Tracking is for the seller not the buyer.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Doxing?

Fleabay won't do a thing, they rarely do. The only thing they care about is collecting fees from the sellers.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply