cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories

Is ebay screwing with categories again?  While browsing/shopping, the category links are no longer working and are not displaying items in a category.  All I see is advertising crap and nothing looks the way it did two days ago and prior.  Nothing like keeping us from buying, brilliant strategy.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Categories

https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges.html

Basically yes 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Categories

On one of my daily "New Listing" emails this morning, ebay showed that there were 139,000 (yes, one hundred thirty-nine thousand) new listings under one of my collectible "searches." (Usually there are no more than maybe 100). So I click on to see the 139,000 new listings and instead of being under my specific collectible category - the way I saved the search - I'm supposed to wade through searches in EVERY category. I ran into this same issue on about half of my "newly listed items saved search" emails this morning. I tried re-setting a couple of my searches starting from scratch but got nowhere. Now, I realize that ebay drastically changed up the postcard category (to which I say: if it "ain't broke," why "fix it?") but I've not yet been able to figure out how they changed the photographs category 😕 I guess ebay is "fed up" with me finding and buying close to 100 items per month on their site? (Of course, this will affect how much I sell as well).

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Categories

Yes.  Yes, eBay is screwing with categories again.

You posted on the Buying board. 
Take a quick visit over to the Selling board and observe the outrage.  
I'm part of that outrage, too, at least for now.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Categories

@catherbrownbooks wrote:

On one of my daily "New Listing" emails this morning, ebay showed that there were 139,000 (yes, one hundred thirty-nine thousand) new listings under one of my collectible "searches." (Usually there are no more than maybe 100). So I click on to see the 139,000 new listings and instead of being under my specific collectible category - the way I saved the search - I'm supposed to wade through searches in EVERY category. I ran into this same issue on about half of my "newly listed items saved search" emails this morning. I tried re-setting a couple of my searches starting from scratch but got nowhere. Now, I realize that ebay drastically changed up the postcard category (to which I say: if it "ain't broke," why "fix it?") but I've not yet been able to figure out how they changed the photographs category 😕 I guess ebay is "fed up" with me finding and buying close to 100 items per month on their site? (Of course, this will affect how much I sell as well).

Yet toasted the category browser purchaser.

You are not going to find them interesting items to follow as you use to..

I do wounder how many purchaser they just messed up with this change: never will know of course.

eBay must think they are a low percentage of sales to do such.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Categories

@stepo wrote:

Is ebay screwing with categories again?  While browsing/shopping, the category links are no longer working and are not displaying items in a category.  All I see is advertising crap and nothing looks the way it did two days ago and prior.  Nothing like keeping us from buying, brilliant strategy.

Hi @stepo! Please refer to Jasmen's post here

Velvet,
eBay
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Categories

@monroe67 wrote:

And that's what is so strange about this.... It not only messes with sellers (who eBay cares nothing about) but possibly to an even greater degree, buyers! eBay's Golden child. I just wonder what eBay's REAL reason for doing this is.  This will be an instance where both the seller AND buyer will come out on the short end of the stick. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Categories

Yep!  It seems that eBay has reverted back to their philosophy of "If it ain't broken, fix it until it is."

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Categories

Unfortunately you might be on to something.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Categories

@dubiousgain wrote:

@monroe67 wrote:

And that's what is so strange about this.... It not only messes with sellers (who eBay cares nothing about) but possibly to an even greater degree, buyers! eBay's Golden child. I just wonder what eBay's REAL reason for doing this is.  This will be an instance where both the seller AND buyer will come out on the short end of the stick. 

Why ? To enhance our selling and buying experience of course. eBay is always looking out for us and making the site better for all of us, so everything will go swimmingly and buyers will rush to our stores.

[/s]

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Categories

What a mess!! As a vintage jewelry seller, I know that my customers like to scroll through the category for what's come in new. All of my categories are gone - Bakelite & Plastics, Victorian jewelry, Designer signed costume, Signed sterling jewelry, Scandinavian, the list goes on. Now it's just generic bracelets and charms or antique pins. I called last night to complain and also the night before. PLEASE!! I encourage all of you to do the same. If enough of us call, they sometimes listen and change things back.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply