cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add (or is there) ability to save personal notification about seller

As a buyer of many cards, it would be great if we could save a personal message about sellers we're buying from. The message could then appear across the seller's eBay page or even across the top of listings you're viewing and for you only. For example, it could work like the the "alert" shown before adding a new message to Community:

This is a public forum - please don't post personal information such as your name, financial information, address, email or phone number.

But tailored to to our specific needs. There are just too many purchases to remember details about specific sellers. I would like the ability to remind myself what to expect with individuals that isn't outright obvious to the buyer, because experiences vary.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Here are some example that come to mind when wanting to save a note about a seller so I can be more productive with my money and time:

- Note: This person will not combine shipping. Be selective with purchases.

- Note: This person has a habit of labeling cards NM when they're closer to Light Play. Review cards more closely.

- Note: Do not buy from this seller.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@taffgiraffe 

This isn't absolutely as clean or convenient as you suggest, but here is what you currently have available.

-You save the seller to your "Saved Sellers List".

-While on their listings, you'll be able to see that you have that seller saved.

-On your Saved Sellers List you can take notes about those sellers.

So here, the key takeaways are it's technically 2 step and isn't a giant banner for you to read. You'll be able to (fairly quickly) see if you have that seller saved or not from the listing page, then you check your notes on your separate saved sellers page. So you have the ability, you just need to put in a tad more work.

The improvement would be if eBay rolled out the ability for those "Notes to self" you write in the "Saved Sellers List" to appear on the listings themselves, similarly be nice if the notes we can write about items on watchlist items or purchases appeared on listings as well.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

They have a maximum number of people you can save to saved seller list. I've given up on saving them or sorting through what to remove.

I don't see it as a "giant banner" and they can easily modify its size. Doesn't even need a border. And I wouldn't have to travel to their page to see if I've bought from them before.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Well, since neither you nor I can create or effect eBay policy ... I'll give you one more option I can think of. Take it or leave it, I'm not going to argue what I can't create or change. I'm not eBay

Create a Google Sheets Spreadsheet or Excel Spreadsheet, list the sellers in alphabetical order and add your notes. Everytime you have a seller, you can easily add them in and maintain alphabetical order. Or you can use the "Find" function if you don't care to maintain alphabetical order. I understand not everyone is proficient with spreadsheets, but this is very easy to do.

You can try to get eBay to create this program for you, or you can be self-sufficient. Good Luck.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply